Deming, NM 88030 US
Respiratory Therapist Job Description
- Provides instruction to patients and/or caregivers on the proper use of equipment and/or respiratory care procedures.
- Ensures patients and/or caregivers can effectively operate and maintain equipment. Performs clinical assessments and tests such as pulse oximetry, ETCO2, spirometry, and vital signs.
- Responsible for routine patient follow-up contacts based on individual needs.
- May need to perform on-call duties as needed.
- Provides and operates various types of respiratory care equipment including but not limited to oxygen therapy, nebulization therapy, apnea monitoring, suctioning, PAP, invasive and non-invasive ventilation.
- Inspects and tests equipment to ensure proper operating condition.
- Prepares and maintains a record for each patient containing all pertinent information, care plans, physician prescriptions and follow-up documentation.
- Responsible for accurate data entry on monitoring websites for certain respiratory equipment
- Consults with referring physician regarding patient treatment, medical condition, home environment, and Plan of Care.
- Participates in ongoing education and training sessions regarding respiratory patient care.
- Assist with patient scheduling as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
Respiratory Therapist Benefits
- Competitive Hourly Pay
- Relocation Assistance
- Full Healthcare, vision, dental, 401k plan
Respiratory Therapist Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited program for respiratory therapy is required
- Registration or certification by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). Does not include RN or LPN clinicians.
- Hold a current CPR Certification.
- Hold all applicable licensure in good standing for the State of New Mexico.
If you are interested in learning more about this outstanding opportunity,
please contact Lilliana del Real at (954) 492-4672