Deming, NM 88030 US
Respiratory Therapist Job Description
- Provides instruction to patients and/or caregivers on the proper use of equipment and/or respiratory care procedures.
- Ensures patients and/or caregivers can effectively operate and maintain equipment. Performs clinical assessments and tests such as pulse oximetry, ETCO2, spirometry, and vital signs.
- Responsible for routine patient follow-up contacts based on individual needs.
- May need to perform on-call duties as needed.
- Provides and operates various types of respiratory care equipment including but not limited to oxygen therapy, nebulization therapy, apnea monitoring, suctioning, PAP, invasive and non-invasive ventilation.
- Inspects and tests equipment to ensure proper operating condition.
- Prepares and maintains a record for each patient containing all pertinent information, care plans, physician prescriptions and follow-up documentation.
- Responsible for accurate data entry on monitoring websites for certain respiratory equipment
- Consults with referring physician regarding patient treatment, medical condition, home environment, and Plan of Care.
- Participates in ongoing education and training sessions regarding respiratory patient care.
- Assist with patient scheduling as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
Respiratory Therapist Benefits
- Competitive Hourly Pay
- Relocation Assistance
- Full Healthcare, vision, dental, 401k plan
Respiratory Therapist Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited program for respiratory therapy is required
- Registration or certification by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). Does not include RN or LPN clinicians.
- Hold a current CPR Certification.
- Hold all applicable licensure in good standing for the State of New Mexico.
If you are interested in learning more about this outstanding opportunity,
please contact Lilliana del Real