Senior Engineering Manager
Upper Midwest, MN US
ENGINEERING MANAGER -- Twin Cities area - up to Six Figure income for right candidate
Be responsible for the development and commercialization of our client's chain and general dealer market commercial foodservice products- refrigeration equipment
Lead all engineering continuous improvement efforts, lead engineering teams, work with outsource fabrication partners.
Leadership includes the ability to conduct market research, bench marking analysis and competitive threat analysis; gather and prioritize product and customer requirements; successfully launch new products and product lines.
Oversee sheetmetal fabrication and assembly.
Partner with sales, marketing, procurement and manufacturing to ensure revenue and profit goals are met. Hire and develop engineering talent and build high performance teams.
Cost management to deliver a new product ON-TIME and within cost parameters. You will innovate to find creative solutions to the commercial foodservice end user and chain needs.
Qualifications and Competencies (Education & Experience):
Minimum degree and required experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required with appropriate expertise in thermodynamics, materials and mechanical engineering to support development of refrigeration products, MBA preferred;
- 7-10 years professional experience as an engineer in the foodservice, HVAC or similar industry;
- Demonstrated success defining and launching successful products;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results by influencing cross-functional teams without formal authority;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Solid project management skills in contributing to the commercialization and go-to market efforts for new products;
- Demonstrated capacity for strategic thinking, planning and product development;
- Solid financial, market planning, and analysis skills;
- A desire to create practical/innovative solutions using intellectual inquisitiveness;
- A high level of energy and passion;
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time, occasional international travel