Service Technician - HVAC/R -Chicago,IL
Western Suburbs, IL 60606 US
We have an excellent opportunity for a Service Technician in the HVAC/R Commercial Foodservice Equipment segment.
The Service Technician performs maintenance and service repairs on refrigeration and HVAC
units within the commercial kitchen environment. Installs replacement parts for existing units according to
specifications and established safety guidelines. Outstanding pay and benefits with a company service van.
1. Diagnoses problems with equipment.
2. Communicates the condition of equipment and the proposed repair plan to the customer.
3. Repairs equipment to operate at factory specifications.
4. Legibly completes paperwork for all services performed on behalf of the customer.
5. Consults with the Parts Department to get parts ordered and the Service Department to get follow up calls
6. Installs all parts ordered for the customer in a timely and professional manner.
7. Follows safe work practices and accident prevention procedures.
8. Maintains a neat and orderly truck, along with accurate part and tool inventory.
9. Maintains required productivity levels.
10. Provides technical support for our staff and other technicians.
11. Consults with manufacturers, sales reps, dealers, and customers.
12. Promotes and recommends other services provided by the Company to customers.
13. Other duties as assigned by management.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE (Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year
basis) - Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. May be required to complete an apprenticeship and/or
formal training in area of specialty. Requires a minimum two (2) years of education and/or experience in food
service equipment repair, or in a related area. Background experience in gas, electric, plumbing and steam repairs.
REQUIRED LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS Valid Driver License, Federal and State certification in refrigerant
handling (Class I & III or Universal), CFESA certification and any others as required by the Organization.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE Customer and Personal Service, Mechanical, Engineering and Technology,
Production and Processes, Safety and Security, Sales and Marketing, Computers.
REQUIRED SKILLS Systems Evaluation, Equipment Maintenance, Equipment Selection, Installation, Operation
Monitoring, Quality Control Analysis, Repairing, Troubleshooting, Time Management, Service Orientation. Ability
to read wiring diagrams and parts schematics.
Please apply to this website then contact Paul Rychlewski at American Recruiters.