Fort Wayne, IN 43526 US
Our client is growing globally and needs to hire a Senior Buyer; source and procure electromechanical parts and components, sheetmetal. Location is the greater Fort Wayne, Indiana market.
Send your resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration. Please send MS Word resume, no PDF Resumes. Family owned company, no bureaucracy, get the support you need!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Position works closely with Sales and Engineering and is a critical component in the support for new product development and new product launches.
- Position will work with multiple departments to search for opportunities to maximize cost reduction, process improvement, and lean efficiencies.
- When called upon, participate in team projects.
- Issue Purchase orders, enter into system, and follow-up to assure delivery to meet customer expectations.
- Vendor visits with Quality to develop and issue supplier evaluations.
- Manage the working relationships with suppliers, solve quality, delivery, and cost problems.
- Will provide backup within the department.
- Facilitate Nemco’s culture of continuous improvement,
- Negotiate with current and potential suppliers regarding material pricing and delivery, in order to drive down aggregate cost and provide best in class level of service.
- Position requires outstanding attention to detail and time management skills; setting priorities and following through to completion.
- 5-7 years’ experience in Procurement/ Supply-chain management in a manufacturing environment.
- 2 or 4 year degree.
- Demonstrated continuing education initiative (CPSM and/or CPIM, CSCP).
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Self-starter with a strong personal work ethic. Must have a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to communicate a sense of urgency when required.
- Effective in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines and multiple internal customers.
- Ability to anticipate, identify, diagnose, and solve critical problems.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and projects.