Technical Sales Engineer FOODSERVICE EQUIPMENT
Greater Minneapolis, MN US
TECHNICAL SALES ENGINEER -- FOODSERVICE EQUIPMENT.
ARE YOU AN ASPIRING NATIONAL ACCOUNT PRO?
Our client needs a future star--one who can grow within a major industry leader in commercial foodservice equipment.
Job Description Summary:
The Technical Sales Engineer serves customers by identifying their needs; engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Continuously seeks new prospects through cold calling techniques and works to develop each prospect into new customers by identifying opportunities that fit the CHL disciplines.
• Gains in-depth knowledge of potential customer plants and operations to provide knowledgeable solutions, products, and services.
• Evaluates and qualifies new project opportunities at customer sites.
• Provides regular reporting and updates on customer activities including potential project opportunities through use of CRM developed custom spreadsheets.
• Works closely with customers to assist in developing project scope.
• Works closely with internal departments in sales activities through bidding, negotiation, and sales closing process for new projects.
• Provides customer follow-up to close quoted projects and to assess the customer's satisfaction of recently completed projects.
• Ensures all safety policies are followed at all times.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies (Education and Experience):
• Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or associated engineering disciplines OR related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Ability to interact with customers at all levels of an organization.
• Strong customer service attitude.
• Highly motivated and driven to prospect and develop new accounts and opportunities.
• Ability to relate to customers and speak in standard industry terminology.
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and blue prints.
• Strong self-management skills with ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
• Highly organized and disciplined in maintaining CRM developed customer spreadsheets.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to customer questions and/or inquiries.
• Able to contribute individually and as part of a team.
Qualified applicants apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org