Madison, WI 53555 US
Our client is growing again, double-digit increases, need to hire a Buyer - Planner in an OEM environment. Will hire quickly local candidates within the greater Madison, WI market. This is a career, not a job, grow with the company, work with production and engineering teams. Work with another Sr. Buyer. Do not miss out on this opportunity, send your MS word resume for consideration ASAP.
Recent College Graduates and Jr. Buyers with 1-5 years experience would be qualified.
If you have experience in sourcing and buying in any of the following materials: stainless steel, aluminum, other metals, plastics, rubber, glass, mechanical/electrical/electronics components, then you are qualified.
This is what you will be doing on a daily basis as a Buyer-Planner
Responsible for buying and planning the movement of materials for assigned components and equipment for assigned area. (flat stock Stainless steel, motors, bushings, electronics etc.)
• Acquires materials, supplies, and services for assigned areas and places purchase orders for materials, components, and equipment and negotiates purchases.
• Plans, schedules, and monitors inventory and movement of materials through the supply chain to determine the required level of purchases. Work with other folks in balancing inventory
• Process engineering change notice and supplier changes on products
• Gathers quotes, examines bids and determines the suitability of various new supply sources
• Assists in developing specifications for supplier contract orders
• Meet with suppliers
• Communicate Warranty issues, returns, and receiving issues
• Support sales, engineering, drafting, and production
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related area
• Minimum of 1-3 years of related purchasing experience
• Make occasional vendor visits requiring a driving personal vehicle, paid mileage.
• Requires frequent visits in manufacturing, receiving and warehouse
Please apply and send your MS Word resume to Ted Agins. Do not send PDF resumes, thank you.