Pendleton, OR US
This position manages, organizes, and coordinates hospital and clinic coding and documentation improvement functions. This includes ensuring accurate, complete, and timely coding of all encounters utilizing ICD10CM, ICD10PCS, CPT, E/M, and HCPCS applying National Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) and Outpatient Code Editor (OCE), and optimizing documentation to ensure completeness and accuracy of coding. The position acts as a liaison between the clinical and operational leadership. This position will have a specific focus on enhancing the accuracy and effectiveness of the coding department and maximizing efficient and compliant use of, and documentation in, electronic health records.
- Coding certification, through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and/or the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC), is required.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) certification preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in healthcare or related field preferred
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Five (5) years of progressive coding experience is required.
- Three (3) years of coding leadership experience is required.
- Work collaboratively within a team setting
- Maintain composure and professionalism in stressful situations
- Adhere to Corporations' attendance requirements
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements impacting documentation and coding practices
- Problem-solving/analytical skills to assess operational needs and facilitate the implementation of processes, protocols, and tools to meet the identified needs
- Demonstrates working knowledge of revenue cycle processes, medical billing, and coding processes
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize MS Office
- Working knowledge of electronic health information systems with the ability to effectively optimize workflows
- Must work with and respect highly confidential information.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-customer environment
To learn more contact
Juli Van Der Meulen
Meet Your Recruiter
Juli Van Der Meulen
Juli began recruiting in New York City in 1983. In 1990 she moved to Florida and joined American Recruiters and helped start its healthcare division. Juli continues to be a leader in healthcare recruiting because of her commitment to providing outstanding and courteous service to both clients and candidates alike in assisting in meeting their needs.