LIVE ANYWHERE USA, IL US
WANTED: CATEGORY MANAGER FRONT-OF-HOUSE/JAN-SAN
Using a variety of data sources, the Category Manager will leverage insights and use this information to execute a strategy that builds profits and sales within assigned product category. They should possess a forward-thinking mindset and entrepreneurial spirit to explore innovative ideas for marketing their basket of products and vendors. This strategy will be inclusive of competitive intelligence and pricing through our client's website and catalog. Be naturally curious and asking why is a key to success in this position. With user experience in mind, the Category Manager will help segment customers to customize the shopping experience through all selling channels.
3+ year’s merchandising, buying, category management or strategic account development experience, to include selecting product mix and vendor negotiations.
- Bachelor’s Degree Marketing, Business, engineering or related field
- Proficient in vendor management/relationship management
- Experience with contract management with proven negotiation skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to manage a large workload with multiple projects and deadlines at the same time
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong experience with data mining and ability to effectively analyze results and market trends to develop strategic initiatives based on the findings
- Experience in the foodservice industry either on the manufacturing or dealer side preferred
YOU know who you are. Qualified applicants upload your WORD resume and Craig Wilson will reach out right away. Immediate hire!