Clinical Educator, Operating Room (OR)
The Clinical Educator in the OR develops and provides services related to the orientation, continuing education, and assessment of clinical staff.
The Clinical Educator in the OR collaborates with nurse managers and staff to assess the learning needs and competencies of staff.
The Clinical Educator in the designs delivers and assesses learning activities and curriculums related to clinical competencies, departmental/organizational policies, regulatory requirements, and the use of clinical information technologies.
The Clinical Educator in the OR serves as a consultant/mentor for staff in areas of program development, clinical practice, and professional development.
The Clinical Educator in the OR participates in the development, coordination, and delivery of new staff orientation and education activities.
The Clinical Educator in the OR provides direction, orientation, training, coaching, and mentoring to staff. Performs or assists with performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required
- Master's degree in Nursing preferred
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Michigan required or eligible
- Basic Life Support Health Care Provider (BLS-HCP) required
- Basic Life Support Health Care Provider (BLS-HCP) Instructor preferred
Minimum Work Experience
- 3 years of clinical experience required
To learn more about this opportunity contact
Juli Van Der Meulen