Director of Qualtiy, Risk Management and Patient Safety
Job Summary for Director of Quality, Risk Management, and Patient Safety
This position provides enterprise-wide oversight of the Hospital and Clinics' Quality, Risk Management, and Patient Safety. Reports directly to the Executive Director of Patient Care Services. Works closely with leadership, the Executive Team, and the Board of Trustees on the cultivation and maintenance of a culture of safety. Provides oversight for organizational readiness and follow-up from any regulatory or accreditation survey. Provides oversight for the organization's performance improvement processes
Monitors credentialing scorecards, peer review, and provider-related quality initiatives. Assures timely evaluation and management of all complaints and grievances. Assures compliant responses. Responsible for oversight of all quality metrics, analysis of event monitoring, and follow-up of patient experience activities. Works collaboratively with employees of all levels. Works collaboratively with professional liability and other insurance carriers on claim review, analysis, and risk mitigation.
Skilled in facilitation RCA, FMEA, and other root cause and effect related tools. LEAN/Six Sigma training is preferred and encouraged. Mentors direct reports/department leaders in individual areas of oversight including Quality, Risk Management, Patient Experience, Patient Safety, Survey Readiness and Follow Up, Infection Prevention/Control, and Employee Health.
- Bachelors degree in the healthcare related field required
- Masters degree or JD preferred.
- Certification in Risk Management (CPHRM), Quality (CPHQ), or Patient Safety (CPPS) is required within 18 months of job acceptance.
- Experience in successfully leading a Quality or Risk Management Department with quantified performance improvement required.
- Clinical department leadership experience with successful quantifiable performance improvement may be accepted in exchange for QRM dept. leadership experience.
- Strong communication skills, and ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure and with all types of employees, providers, patients, and families.
- TeamSTEPPS, Just Culture, Human Factor, and Patient Safety Culture training preferred.
- Accreditation and Regulatory survey experience preferred TJC survey experience preferred.
- Emotional maturity and ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- Strong organizational, planning, and data interpretation and analysis skills.
- LEAN/Six Sigma training is preferred and encouraged.
Juli Van Der Meulen
Meet Your Recruiter
Juli Van Der Meulen
Juli began recruiting in New York City in 1983. In 1990 she moved to Florida and joined American Recruiters and helped start its healthcare division. Juli continues to be a leader in healthcare recruiting because of her commitment to providing outstanding and courteous service to both clients and candidates alike in assisting in meeting their needs.