Director of Supply Chain
Greater Cincinatti, KY US
DIRECTOR OF SUPPLY CHAIN
Our client is a leading commercial foodservice equipment manufacturer, wholly-owned by a multi-billion company. They need a Director of Supply Chain who will lead a team of four buyers on all components, including stainless steel, iron, components, electric controls, sub-assemblies, etc. This is a $20-50 MM spend range.
Position general responsibilities are as follows:
Ensure materials and service suppliers meet total costs, quality, delivery, service and technical support requirements of the operating company.
- Ensure the operating company meets requirements established in the Finance and Control Manual.
- Supervise buyers to meet Purchasing requirements.
- Ensure baseline volume and pricing data is established and maintained for all products and programs managed.
- Participates in the Supplier Evaluation Program along with any local program for continuous improvement of product and service suppliers.
- Manages cross-functional teams to implement supplier programs with project management responsibility over the timing, cost and deliverables of the program within the operating company.
- Follows the company process for implementation of cost savings programs. This includes product and service value analysis initiatives that may involve operations and Engineering.
- Meets responsibilities as a member of the Global Supply Chain Team for the total supply chain decisions and initiatives. This may include leading supply chain initiatives across more than one operating company and actively participating on initiative teams, meetings and conference calls.
- Works to manage the supply chain to meet required inventory turns and delivery needs.
- Takes the lead to resolve any quality, delivery or service issue with the supply chain and ensures uninterrupted supply of materials to operating company.
- Keeps up-to-date on all factors that may affect pricing, quality, delivery and service with the suppliers and products including competitive trends. Takes steps to avoid or minimize negative trends.
- Takes initiatives to obtain training to learn about state-of-the-art technologies in product areas and purchasing practices.
- Negotiates contracts that best meet the operating company objectives.
- Provides purchasing expertise and training to other functions that manage costs where a supplier is used.
- Works closely with operations to implement lean practices in the material side that complements and supports lean efforts in operations.
- Initiates savings initiatives, builds a business case for a decision. This includes product and service value analysis initiatives that may involve operations in other functions.
- Follows through on major supplier issues and puts permanent resolutions into place.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
A bachelor’s degree in a technical, finance or business related area and a minimum of five years of supply chain management experience is preferred.
If you are ready to step up to a wonderful leadership position in a great organization, please apply in confidence to Craig Wilson.