Division Manager, Hospitalist Operations
Orlando/ Cenrtal Florida, FL US
- The Operations Manager - Hospital Medicine, is responsible for supporting the Chief Medical Officer and the VP of Clinical Outcomes. In this role, the Operations Manager will support physician strategy development & execution, operational development, and improvement, and communications with both internal and external stakeholders to support the success of Hospitals.
- The Operations Manager will be responsible for maintaining the management of the Hospitalist Contract Scorecard and ensuring the timely completion of projects that develop out of the Hospitalist Council, Hospitalist PRC, and all other Hospitalist Committee or sub-committee work.
- The Operations Manager is accountable for the logistics and developmental aspects of operational processes, information technology, and facilities ensuring stewardship of resources and quality.
- The Operations Manager is able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, and creativity, and has the knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations, and compliance with hospital guidelines.
- The Operations Manager is skilled in coaching, motivating, mentoring, and leading a professional and technical team in the delivery of services for our hospitalists and patient population. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility for maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Bachelors Degree required (If no BSN, must possess an approved education plan to achieve degree within two years)
- A Masters Degree in Nursing or a Related Field is strongly preferred
- Must have a current Florida Nursing License or Multi-State License
- Case management certification, ACMA (American Case Management Association)/CMSA (Case Management Society of America)
- Demonstrates good Communication and Relationship Building skills
- Acts as a role model for Professionalism
- Ability to coordinate with teams, stay organized, and be effective in managing multiple priorities, while meeting all commitments on a timely basis
- Ability to grasp complex situations and execute goals
- Ability to work independently and receive leadership direction to complete tasks and effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams, external parties (including executives), employees, physicians, and the public
- Ability to act and react, be decisive and make sound judgments if limited information is available
- Ability to work in a matrix-management environment to achieve organizational goals
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Minimum of four (4) years of acute care clinical experience
- Two (2) years of supervisory or management experience
- Training and/or experience in case management, managed care, discharge planning, and utilization management
- Possess professional competency and leadership ability to develop and execute strategic initiatives
- Has a broad nursing knowledge, accepts responsibility, and functions independently
- Self-motivation and willingness to study practice and regulatory standards for hospital-wide application
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of the CFD team
- Ability to define and accomplish project goals in a resourceful and timely manner
Juli Van Der Meulen Executive Recruiter
Meet Your Recruiter
Juli Van Der Meulen
Juli began recruiting in New York City in 1983. In 1990 she moved to Florida and joined American Recruiters and helped start its healthcare division. Juli continues to be a leader in healthcare recruiting because of her commitment to providing outstanding and courteous service to both clients and candidates alike in assisting in meeting their needs.