Field Service Engineer
Conover, NC 28613 US
Field Service Engineer - Charlotte, NC - Industrial Automation Equipment Manufacturer
We have an Outstanding opportunity for a Field Service Engineer (FSE) for a Top Tier International Manufacturer. The Field Service Engineer will be responsible for meeting the daily service maintenance and repair needs of the customer’s machinery. Establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers as well as performing necessary administrative duties as required and other duties as assigned. This position to be located in the Greater Charlotte, NC Area.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Technical support via phone and/or remote connection to machinery PLC to troubleshoot and offer suggestive repair options to customers
- Support Parts department with identifying parts for machinery that customers have issues with.
- Commission new machinery at customer sites which includes verifying installation to layout, verify electrical and pneumatic supplies lines, train maintenance staff and operators on machine operation.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment onsite.
- Complete preventative maintenance and field modifications.
- Maintain up to date service logs and internal service records in a timely manner.
- Maintain communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up.
- Able to work as a member of the team to provide efficient service to all accounts within assigned area.
- The ability to lift and carry a toolbox that can weigh up to 50 lbs. +
Qualifications & Requirements:
- (Bachelor’s degree, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology preferred), Associates Degree, Computer, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering Technology, equivalent military experience with 2 or more years’ experience servicing automated machinery or a High School Diploma/GED and 10 or more years’ experience servicing automated machinery.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record and the ability to obtain an U.S. passport
- Able to travel on short notice both domestic and internationally. Travel normally 50%, but can be 75% due to demand (may travel more during initial training)
- Basic knowledge of PLC programming and troubleshooting with a focus on RS Logix 5000 and servo drives, troubleshooting VFD motor controls and basic process control equipment
- Must be able to use multimeter and other measuring instruments to troubleshoot
- Must have the ability to read and interpret basic electrical and mechanical drawings, installation and/or civil drawings, and the ability to discuss specifics, notes and changes with varied disciplines.
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers.
- Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
- Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
- Proven record of being reliable and accountable for all aspects of their job.
- Proficient level of computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner.
- Resourceful, with the ability to work independently.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task activities with shifting priorities. Able to work productively in a pressurized environment.
- Ethical and trustworthy.
- Must be able to pass background checks and drug screens, as required
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus