Financial Customer Service Specialist
Rockville, MD 20852 US
Maryland’s largest Senior Care Provider is seeking an experienced Financial Customer Service Specialist to join their corporate team full time!
Financial Customer Service Specialist
- Salary starting at $40,000.00
- Benefits Health, Dental, 401k
- Work for a STABLE company with more than 80 years in the business!
Essential job responsibilities:
- Contact admission inquiries via telephone and schedule an in-person meeting with all potential LTC admissions to determine their financial status for a viable LTC payer. Discuss their obligation and requirements to guarantee Hebrew Home will be paid for all services rendered.
- Request and review all resident financial statements as outlined in our established financial review policies. Contact insurance companies for cash values and any other policies or plans related to the financial status of the resident.
- Provide excellent customer service to ensure a high level of supportive assistance to our families while addressing their financial concerns and questions.
- Work as a team with the Financial Relations Coordinator and the Hebrew Home Admissions, Social Work and Marketing departments, to ensure a sound financial admission and/or long term care transition process.
- Effectively communicate the financial responsibilities and potential risks to the Hebrew Home team for each prospective admission and ensure the family/resident is fully informed of payment obligations.
- Communicate difficult financial situations to the Financial Relations Coordinator and Director of Resident Accounting.
- Communicate daily with the Social Work team as to the status of SAR transfers to LTC.
- Provide back-up support to the Medicaid Customer Support Specialist when the Medicaid Pending caseload is high and assistance is needed
- Interact daily with the Resident Accounting team to ensure the financial payer for all new admissions is communicated and each member of the team is aware of the actions they need to take to ensure complete payment to Hebrew Home.
- Ensure the initial Private Pay advance payment is communicated to the resident/family and is collected on admission.
- Notify resident/family members of obligation to pay the estimated monthly resources to cover cost of care when they indicate they are financially ready to complete the Medicaid application. Coordinate with the Medicaid Customer Support Specialist (Resident Resources collections) to ensure the monthly payment is accurate and received timely at admission and ongoing.
- Attend and participate in the weekly UR and Medicaid Pending meetings.
- Issue the semi-annual letters to our Private Pay residents to ensure an accurate tracking system is maintained to monitor the spenddown of their assets.
- Assist the Financial Relations Coordinator in maintaining the HHGW Financial Tracking log to guarantee an accurate system is in place to track financial spend down for those residents intending to convert to Medicaid Pending status.
- Assist the Medicaid Resident Accounting Specialist if questions arise in the research of unpaid accounts, stemming from admission. Provide back-up support to contact appropriate revenue sources to expedite collection and resolve disputed transactions
- Assist with Resident Funds Management banking as needed.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience interacting with customers in a positive and professional manner and providing excellent customer service related to finances and collections.
- Long Term Care Senior Living exp0etreince preferred
*If you have the required education, experience and aptitude for leadership, please click “Apply” and be sure to upload your resume so that you can be considered for this opportunity.
Kelly Dameron is the American Recruiters #JobSquad expert who is leading this search. You may also contact Kelly Dameron directly at 954-492-4640