Key Account Manager Western Region HVAC/R Reta
Los Angeles, CA 92821 US
Key Account Manager – Western Region – HVAC/R Retail Refrigeration
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Key Account Manager with an international manufacturer of HVAC/R controls and equipment. The KAM is responsible for growing the assigned region’s retail refrigeration market share by both leading regional sales efforts and supporting national sales efforts within the region, by coordinating the appropriate application of Organizational resources, and by consistently applying Company strategy, plans, conduct and tools to create exceptional customer experiences that result in not only healthy sales growth, but also long-term customer relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generates qualified customer demand, makes professional sales presentations that produce prioritized interest in organizational solutions. Qualifies specific business opportunities according to Organizational priorities. Plans, coordinates and executes pilots that result in the achievement of mutually agreed key performance indicators and wins P.O.’s. Provides after-sales support and continued portfolio selling which results in continued account growth over time.
- Autonomous pursuit of opportunities will be with regional companies within the region itself, will be consistently handled according to Company’s North American strategy and plan, and will be managed in cooperation with – and at the direction of – the Branch Office Manager. Engages national support resources for these efforts as needed.
- Focuses autonomous sales efforts on retail chains of roughly 30 – 70 stores per chain, on contractors, and on other value-added resellers, such as design and engineering firms within the region.
- Collaborates to support large national retail chain opportunities, large national contractors or large national design and engineering firms based in the region. These relationships and opportunities will be led by national sales resources but will book as revenue within the region and require local involvement.
- Embraces Organizational processes, tools and philosophy toward sales engagements, general business practices and interpersonal conduct. Consistently employs value-based, solution sales methodologies that challenge the customer’s status quo. Actions build positive brand awareness and reputation for the Organization and drive Organizational sales results.
- Assists with North American marketing, such as through research activities and trade show attendance.
- Serves as a liaison between key stakeholders within the customer organization and key stakeholders within Organization; provides leadership across the customer and Company organizations and within disciplines such as operations, marketing, R&D, food-safety, finance, IT and general business practices that lead to a mutually beneficial partnership between the Organization and its customers.
- Methodically plans and leads effective, engaging meetings.
- Engages in continuous learning that supports personal success, as well as Organizational success.
- EDUCATION – 2-year degree or equivalent education or training required. 4-year university degree or equivalent experience preferred. Preferred (but not required) degrees are – or are similar to – marketing, communications, business administration or engineering. Refrigeration and food retail chain experience preferred.
- LANGUAGE SKILL - Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skill is critical. Must be fluent in English. Spanish is a plus, but not required.
- REASONING SKILL - High degree of business aptitude. Is able to align the actions of self and surrounding teams (customer and Company) with strategy. Must possess an excellent sense of practical consequences from several perspectives.
- EXPERIENCE – 3 years of professional sales experience using value-based selling strategies is required. 2 or more years of professional sales experience selling solutions into a food-retail chain corporate environment engaging in cross-functional influence is preferred. Proven track record of setting and achieving goals with customers is required. Experience selling refrigeration control solutions is preferred. Experience working inside a food retail organization is a plus.
- COMPETENCIES – A demonstrated high degree of sales results via the successful application of value-based-selling methods is required. Effectiveness without constant supervision is required. The ability to understand and explain the application and benefits of a technology solution is required. Refrigeration and food-retail operation knowledge is preferred. Moderate PowerPoint, Excel, and Word competency is required.
- PROFESSIONALISM – Approaches others in a tactful manner. Can work equally well with technical and non-technical key stakeholders within customer organizations and within the Organization at all levels of an organization.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILL – Sufficient to calculate return on investment periods and other monetized value.