Manager of Emergency Services Department
San Jose, CA 95124 US
Excellent Salary, Annual Bonus, Comprehensive Medical Benefits
Overview of the Manager of the Emergency Department
- The Manager of Emergency Services is responsible for the activities, supervision, management, and direction of the Emergency Services Department.
- The Manager of the ER will assist the Director in maintaining the highest degree of clinical and operational performance of the Department.
- The manager is responsible for the leadership of Emergency Services personnel and/or students and functions as a resource for physicians, nursing staff and patients.
- The Manager of the Emergency Services Department is responsible for the delivery of professional nursing care and provides leadership to staff.
- The Manager of the Emergency Services Department requires basic understanding and ability to utilize the nursing process, develop and enforce guidelines of the medical plan of care and departmental policies. Assess patients in order to plan, intervene and evaluate care.
Qualifications Must be a Registered Nurse
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse with the Board of Registered Nurses of the State of California or Eligible
- ACLS Certification
- BLS Certification
- PALS Certification
- NIH Stroke Scale
- 3 years of work experience in the area of supervision required
- 1-3 years of progressive hospital/nursing management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. Evidence of experience which defines competency in Emergency Services, hospital and healthcare management. Evidence of experience in successful administration and leadership of organizational management programs
Juli Van Der Meulen