National Account Manager--Chains
LIVE ANYWHERE, LIVE ANYWHERE USA US
NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER -- RESTAURANT CHAINS
We have an immediate opportunity to join a thriving, privately held paper converter that designs specialty packaging for restaurant chains.
The National Accounts Manager, Chains will establish direct end-user relationships with chain restaurants in the quick service, fast casual, casual dining, and convenience store market segments and capitalize on our core competency of providing customizable paper packaging and quick service solutions. This will sustainably grow our business as we further partner with specifically targeted customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set and achieve budget goals for revenue on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Develop customer relationships with both new and existing chain accounts in emerging concept, medium regional, and large regional/national chains through planned account maintenance and customer visits, focusing on casual dining, fast casual, quick service restaurant, and C-store segments
- Establish, develop, and manage relationships with end-user accounts and their distributors
- Identify customers specific needs and clearly communicate to the New Business team
- Understand the companys process, capabilities, and technology to produce custom bags so as to adequately consult with the customer
- Develop and share customer, opportunity, and market/competitor information and analysis through Salesforce and other systems
- Work together with Sales Support on RFPs and work directly with supply-chain to implement new and recurring programs
- Accountable that we are meeting all agreed-upon customer service levels (stocking, on-time delivery, perfect order performance)
- Prepare and execute customer quarterly and annual business reviews
- Perform all aspects of the selling process, including lead generation, sampling, quoting, trialing and forecasting
- Work closely with the marketing team on customer and segment campaigns in Salesforce
- Prepare presentations, attend trade shows and end-user conferences, and other activities as Fischers Representative
- Partner with preferred distribution partners when appropriate
- Perform other additional duties as needed when assigned by the Director of Sales and Marketing
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other employees and work as a team player
- Ensure that Fischer customers receive excellent service and quality products
- Support Fischers Brand Essence by performing in a highly responsive, collaborative, mindful, and personal manner
- Adhere at all times to all Fischer policies and procedures
- Communication: Proactively communicates; informs others of what they need to know. Utilizes oral and written communication to enhance relationships across the organization. Capably articulates thoughts and ideas in speaking and listens carefully to others. Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Collaboration: Actively collaborates with formal/informal teams to fulfill the mission, and completion of goals, and achieve mutual outcomes. Maintains strong, personal connections with team members and key stakeholders. Effectively uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict.
- Service: Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of ones actions; develops and sustains productive, authentic relationships with internal and external customers.
- Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; willingness to change or confront own ideas or preconceptions; pivots productively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Functional/Technical: Continues to achieve a competent level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
No managerial/supervisory authority
General office or other equivalently good environments.
Light - Minor physical exertion including lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying, etc. up to 15 lbs regularly required to perform the job; or use of light hand tools. May require standing and walking most of the time, or need to perform work with hands and/or arms in largely the same position while sitting. . Travel - Travel up to 50 % of the time via auto or plane, typically within the United States
Bachelors degree needed. Please list any related industry or professional certifications
Experience 7-10 years min with industry experience calling directly on chain restaurants, QSR, LSR, casual dining, fast casual, and any direct C-store experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Positive attitude
- Presenting in small and large groups
- Communicating with customers via phone and/or email and Zoom, Microsoft Teams
- Highly desired: experience working in or knowledge of flexible packaging and the foodservice industry
- Direct relationships with decision-makers in the regional and national chain account restaurants.
- Communicating with customers via phone, video call, and/or email
- Positive and persistent attitude
- Must have strong attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness and ability to exhibit high emotional intelligence
- Work both independently and as a team player to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions and standard accepted practices
- Excellent time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- Proficiency with Salesforce or another CRM system
- Experience with ERP systems SysPro, PeopleSoft, JDEdwards, etc.
LIVE ANYWHERE near a major airport.
If this role fits you, please upload your resume right away and Craig Wilson will reach out to you!
Meet Your Recruiter
Craig Wilson, CFSP (Certified Foodservice Professional) has spent a career in business startups, acquisitions, and globalizing commercial and industrial equipment and supplies businesses. His industry credits include President/CEO Rational USA, VP Corporate Development The Middleby Corporation, and NAFEM Board of Directors. Mr. Wilson has owned the commercial foodservice recruiting business of American Recruiters since 1999, and has been the number one producer and number one franchisee since 2001.