Panama City, FL US
MANAGER OF OPERATING ROOM
The OR/Operating Room Manager provides leadership and directs functions of assigned patient care area on a 24-hour basis; ensuring effective delivery of clinical patient care and compliance with administrative and clinical policies and procedures.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE
- Provides leadership and demonstrates responsibility and accountability for the delivery of safe, quality, patient care for assigned departments on a 24-hour basis. Ensures department's standard of nursing practice, nursing policies, and procedures meet legal, and all accrediting and regulatory agency requirements."
- Directs the continuity of care through demonstrated use of an interdisciplinary team approach to patient care. Collaborates and shares pertinent patient information with physicians, patients, and other members of the healthcare team regarding patient progress, and treatment.
- Develops and implements+ ongoing programs to measure, monitor, assess, and to improve the quality of nursing care delivered to patients. Works toward hospital-wide improvement in meeting core measures, patient safety, and service excellence goals in assigned units.
- Ensures the effective coordination of the patient's care with other services and departments throughout the hospital.
- Ensures provision of quality care and services by maintaining appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Participates in rounding and proactively responds to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact the overall patient experience.
- Fosters a culture of patient-centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing required; Bachelor's in Nursing preferred.
- Previous experience in an acute care setting strongly preferred
- Florida RN licensure required
- BLS and ACLS required
Juli Van Der Meulen
Meet Your Recruiter
Juli Van Der Meulen
Juli began recruiting in New York City in 1983. In 1990 she moved to Florida and joined American Recruiters and helped start its healthcare division. Juli continues to be a leader in healthcare recruiting because of her commitment to providing outstanding and courteous service to both clients and candidates alike in assisting in meeting their needs.