Parts and Logistics Manager
Charlotte, NC 28613 US
Parts and Logistics Manager - Charlotte, NC - Industrial Automation Packaging Equipment
We have an excellent opportunity for Parts and Logistics Manager for an International Manufacturer of Industrial Automated Packaging Equipment. The ideal candidate will manage all aspects of Parts Department operations. Returns a satisfactory profit on capital invested in parts inventory. Develops and maintains proper sales and purchasing procedures, and pricing. Promotes company’s standards for superior customer service by performing the following duties. International Shipping and Sea Container experienced candidates preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides parts to customers accurately and in a timely manner and provides prompt and fair adjustments on defective parts.
- Maintains ongoing contact with key customers and vendors.
- Provides a balanced parts inventory and provides acceptable levels of on-site parts availability.
- Manages inventory investments by maintaining adequate turn ratio and minimal obsolescence and develops, implements and administers effective inventory procedures.
- Controls costs by getting competitive bids, being alert to wasteful practices, performing random checking of part numbers to verify count, and improving existing practices as needed.
- Ensures that warranty parts return policies are followed.
- Loading/Unloading, shipping/receiving and processing inventory and materials by opening bales, crates and other containers, sorting and placing materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards
- Coordinates all shipments both domestic and international following standard transportation policies (BOL’s Commercial Invoices, Packing List, etc.) and ensures proper classification of inventory items.
- Maintains equipment and keeps maintenance records for Forklift/Golf Cart and other equipment
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Occasional Travel for Local Pick-up/Delivery
- On-Call after-hours rotation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Excellent communication and organizational skills are required, and the individual must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness while managing competing demands in the workplace.
Current Driver’s License Required – at least 3 years driving experience and a clean driving record is required.
Two to four years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Excel; word processing software; inventory software; internet software and order processing systems.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Please submit resume in strict confidence to Paul Rychlewski @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call Paul at 312.780.7507 and reference J.O. # 3323