Product Manager (Tabletop)
REMOTE IS OKAY, IL US
Here's a phenomenal opportunity to work with a Tier One Company and TEAM. Our client is going to have a phenomenal year in 2021. It has strong players on the team. This role is a newlyl added role due to other product lines. Industry knowledge is important although not mandatory. You will interface with the market, sales & engineering to determine proposition, place, and promotion. Manage the NPD pipeline for your product. Think of it as running a mini-business to a certain extent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct market research, benchmarking analysis and competitive threat analysis
- Be a subject matter expert
- Gather and prioritize product and customer requirements.
- Clarify the product strategy for target markets
- Work with cross-functional leadership to develop and execute product development roadmaps
- Develop and implement product segment training
- Work closely with technical service on training to educate the service technician network.
- Track and measure results
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples.
- Collaborate with engineering to roll-out and maintain up-to-date manuals, etc.
- Collaborate with marketing to develop related materials
- Collaborate with Engineering and Operations to support quality complaints
- Bachelor's degree in business or engineering; MBA preferred.
- 5+ years professional experience as a product manager or product focused b2b industry experience including product engineering, procurement, and commercial, preferably foodservice.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the dynamics involved in catering to end user, dealer, and distributor channels and customers.
- Experience defining and launching successful products along with solid project management skills, from idea to production.
- Capacity for strategic thinking, planning and product development.
- Solid financial, market planning, and analysis skills required.
- Travel up to 30% of the time.