Product Research and Development Engineer -- Walk-In Refrigeration
Dallas, TX US
Our client is a major manufacturer of commercial kitchen equipment, including refrigeration, cooking equipment, warming/holding equipment, stainless steel fabrication equipment, and much more. They pride themselves on innovation and propelling our industry forward to make the kitchen better. Their in-house service department is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Product Research and Development Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for conducting research, designing, and developing new products, and improving existing ones in cooking equipment. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that all products meet customer needs, are of high quality, and are cost-effective.
- Conduct research to identify new product opportunities, analyze market trends, and consider customer feedback.
- Work closely with product managers to define product requirements and specifications.
- Design and develop new products, ensuring that they are technically feasible, meet customer needs, and are cost-effective to produce.
- Develop and execute testing plans to ensure that all products meet quality standards and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including assisting in optimizing the manufacturing processes and thoroughly testing preliminary and final design commercial [walk-in refrigeration OR cooking equipment] products.
- Collaborate with the service department to interpret and act on field service data to convert any potential weaknesses into feature-enhancing product development efforts.
- Continuously improve existing products through research, testing, and analysis
- Keep up to date with industry trends and advancements in technology.
- Document and communicate project status and collected data to upper-level management.
- Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in product research and development
- In-depth product knowledge of commercial [walk-in refrigeration OR cooking equipment] products
- Strong knowledge of product design and development processes
- Experience with CAD software (e.g., SolidWorks, AutoCAD) and rapid prototyping
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and quality standards for commercial [walk-in refrigeration OR cooking equipment] products
- Familiarity with power tools and machinery
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (sitting or standing for long periods of time, visually observing equipment details, listening for equipment sounds, safely lifting to 50 lbs., as well as hand-eye coordination and dexterity for assembling, adjusting, and operating equipment)
If you fit this role, please upload your resume and Craig Wilson will reach out right away!
Meet Your Recruiter
Craig Wilson, CFSP (Certified Foodservice Professional) has spent a career in business startups, acquisitions, and globalizing commercial and industrial equipment and supplies businesses. His industry credits include President/CEO Rational USA, VP Corporate Development The Middleby Corporation, and NAFEM Board of Directors. Mr. Wilson has owned the commercial foodservice recruiting business of American Recruiters since 1999, and has been the number one producer and number one franchisee since 2001.