Profile Extrusion Process Engineer
NEW YORK, NY US
Profile Extrusion Process Engineer - New York
Are you an experienced Extrusion Process Engineer looking for an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact? Look no further! We are currently seeking a skilled and motivated professional to join our team as an Extrusion Process Engineer in New York. In this role, you will have the chance to contribute to cutting-edge research and development projects, optimize extrusion processes, and collaborate with a dynamic team. If you're passionate about problem-solving and eager to take your career to the next level, we want to hear from you!
Location: Western New York, Lockport, New York, or North of Buffalo
Profile Extrusion Process Engineer Responsibilities:
- Developing and optimizing profile extrusion processes for various thermoplastics, with a focus on Thermoplastic Vulcanizate (TPV).
- Collaborating with suppliers to assist with formulation, processing, and troubleshooting.
- Maintaining and operating the profile extrusion line and testing equipment, ensuring compliance with Environment, Health, and Safety regulations.
- Managing the process lab and developing new testing capabilities.
- Optimizing processes from product design to launch and driving continual process improvements.
- Introducing new extruded products, including involvement in design, R&D, extrusion, and fabrication of profile die tooling and materials.
- Documenting process requirements, setup, and parameters to ensure the production team can deliver quality products.
- Implementing standard operating procedures (SOPs) for work, workplace organization, quality, and packaging specifications.
- Conducting time studies to identify opportunities for efficiency improvements.
- Coordinating continuous improvement and production process refinement efforts.
- Managing applicable product testing verification and ongoing validation to meet specifications and regulations.
Profile Extrusion Process Engineer Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (5 to 10+ years of related experience) or Master's degree (5+ years of related hands-on experience) in plastic engineering, chemical engineering, or related fields.
- Strong background in plastic processing, particularly in profile and/or thick-walled extrusion processes.
- Hands-on and mechanically inclined, capable of performing simple maintenance tasks and identifying repair needs.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide detailed reports, scientific analysis, and recommendations.
- Analytical thinker with strong attention to detail, capable of designing experiments to evaluate different materials.
- Eager to learn, passionate about problem-solving, and a "can-do" attitude.
- Proven self-starter who can handle multiple priorities and has a demonstrated record of success.
Profile Extrusion Process Engineer Required Skills:
- Experience setting up and utilizing plastic profile extruders with cooling baths, pullers, and saws.
- 5+ years of experience in the plastic industry.
- Knowledge of plastic composites.
Profile Extrusion Process Engineer Preferred Experience:
- Experience with a Davis Standard extruder.
- Familiarity with thermoplastics.
- Experience in the recycled plastic industry.
- Research and development experience, including setting up a new department.
If you have the required experience, then please hit "Apply" and be sure to upload your resume so that you can be considered for this opportunity. Matt Hensley is the American Recruiters #JobSquad expert who is leading this search. email@example.com 864-900-2144
Search all American Recruiters jobs at: https://jobs.americanrecruiters.com/
Meet Your Recruiter
Matt Hensley's foundation as a recruiter was built upon his career as an award-winning Plant Management, Operations & Manufacturing and Heavy Equipment professional with over 15 years of exceptional leadership and business consulting experience. He’s an intelligent and trusted industry insider who understands his client’s needs and exactly what it takes to build successful teams in a dynamic, high-pressure industry.