San Francisco Bat Area, CA US
Project Director/Principal San Francisco Bay Area Commercial Foodservice Culinary Design
We have an Outstanding Opportunity for a Project Director/Principal with a Top Tier Commercial Foodservice Design Firm. The ideal candidate would be located in the Greater San Francisco Bay area. The Project Director/Principal should be familiar with BIM/REVIT. This is an excellent opportunity to grow your design career with an extremely employee-centric design firm.
- Any combination of education and work experience totaling seven years in the commercial foodservice design field.
- Extensive experience in all phases of the foodservice design practice.
- Ability to communicate design concepts graphically in any format as appropriate in each design phase. Format could be rough sketching, CAD, REVIT as necessary for each phase or situation.
- Ability to work with and produce with BIM REVIT.
- Ability to implement foodservice design concepts into a fully documented product which maintains design standards and meets the expectations of the client.
- Leadership abilities and aptitude for sound judgment.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Jointly direct and coordinate the execution of deliverables and documents for all phases of projects with the Studio Principal and Manager. Includes Schematic Design, Design Development, Contract Documents, Bidding or Negotiation and Contract Administration Phases of projects.
- Refine project programming and concepts as previously developed in the Schematic Design Phase of projects. Be completely familiar with the design intent, and challenge when necessary, all areas of the project.
- Maintain coordinated communication with the Project Principal and client to ensure confidence in the effectiveness of the studio team.
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of all phase deliverables including but not limited to SD and DD narratives, contract documents, manufacturer cut book, estimates of probable costs and equipment specifications.
- Assist Project Manager in the refinement of established project budgets and monitor adherence to those budgets.
- Assist with the coordination of outside consultants and/or manufacturer representatives.
- Assist Principal with preparation of materials for client presentations.
- Analyze and notify the Project Principal of all design manpower requirements. Coordinate solutions for meeting the requirements of a fully resourced Studio.
- Be totally familiar with all aspects of the contract between Owner and the Firm, and notify Project Principal of any deviations, irregularities or nonconformance.
- Review all project submittals for conformance to the project contract documents and design intent in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with external design team any required responses to RFIs and/or site condition inquiries in a timely and consistent manner.
- Communicate field-gathered information to the Project Manager for distribution to the contractor during the Construction Administration Phase.
- Assist the Project Principal and Project Manager to ensure that the project follows all applicable codes, regulations and ordinances as it relates to design and equipment selections.
- Assist in conducting field inspections as required.
- Coordinate the successful execution of the foodservice equipment installation through clear specifications, directions Bid Documents provided to the KEC. Facilitate appropriate communication, documentation, milestone visits during the CA phase.
- Assist with the project final inspection, punch list and project closeout.
- Maintain and expand professional capabilities through involvement in field, research of available documentation, membership and participation in related professional organizations, pursuance of appropriate continuing education opportunities and professional writing and speaking.
- Assist in miscellaneous project, office and administrative duties as required.
- Assist the Marketing department with the coordination of all leads and proposals that are within the responsibilities of the studio.
- Keep the Studio Principal fully informed of schedules, schedule changes, workloads and any unusual conditions or problems that may require management consideration.
- Submit expense reports and time sheets within policy guidelines.
- Assist in the preparation and submittal of all monthly billings in a timely and accurate manner. Alert accounting of any change in status of a project that either pauses or terminates the work progress of a contract.
- Coordinate studio schedules with peer Directors and Principals for all needs outside of the existing capabilities of the studio.
- Assist Studio Principal in personnel appraisals, interviews, performance review cycles, daily communications.
- Serve as mentor to Project Manager and Revit Associates within the Studio and within working groups.
- Demonstrate leadership within Ricca through Select Committees, professional organizations and marketing efforts
- Be familiar with business and financial performance goals of the Stuido
Please forward resume formatted in a Word Doc to Paul Rychlewski at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Paul at 312.780.7507 Please click Apply and be sure to upload your resume, Paul will contact all Qualified Candidates.
Search all American Recruiters jobs at: https://jobs.americanrecruiters.com/
Meet Your Recruiter
Paul is a highly motivated and passionate Sales Manager with over 25 years of experience in industrial sales and retail sporting goods operations. His extensive knowledge of recruiting, hiring, developing, and leading teams makes him an outstanding resource for identifying talent. His commitment to providing exceptional customer service results in consumer loyalty and organic business growth.