Project Manager - (Civil Engineering & Design, Land Development Projects)
Phoenix, AZ US
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Senior Project Manager - (Civil Engineering & Design, Land Development Projects) Description
The Civil Engineering Project Manager will design, plan, and supervise land development projects on a wide variety of projects, including retail, restaurant, multi-family, commercial/industrial, mixed-use, site-planning, utility coordination, fuel center, and more.
Senior Project Manager - (Civil Engineering & Design, Land Development Projects)Responsibilities:
- Consults with and provides guidance to project stakeholders and managerial staff regarding engineering requirements for construction of various designs, modifications, and structural repairs.
- Develop project scopes and timelines, fee schedules, and prepare proposals for new projects.
- Site / civil development including grading design; roadway design; storm water management systems modeling and design; sewer, water and reuse systems modeling and design; and erosion and sediment control design.
- Uses design software and drawing tools to accurately render and communicate designs; plans and designs other necessary and related systems and structures such as transportation or hydraulics.
- Assesses strength of foundations, concrete, asphalt, or steel by testing materials and soil.
- Sets design specifications by computing load and grade requirements, material stress factors, water flow rates, and similar parameters.
- Plans projects based on the analysis of relevant materials such as drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, survey reports, maps, and other geologic and topographical data.
- Drafts and presents reports on topics related to projects such as environmental impact statements and right-of-way descriptions.
- Estimates materials, equipment, and labor needed to determine project costs.
- Collaborates with architects and contractors to ensure projects progress properly.
- Collaborates with surveyors (or directs and participates in surveying) to establish installations or reference points, grades, elevations, and other factors that will affect construction.
- Monitors project progress and ensures design specifications, safety, and sanitation standards are met.
- On completion of a project, inspects, repairs, and maintains the structures as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Management of all associated calculations, reports, and supporting documents
- Manage schedule and financial progress of projects.
- Other similar duties and tasks as needed.
Senior Project Manager - (Civil Engineering & Design, Land Development Projects) Requirements
- PE License required (or willingness to obtain PE)
- 5+ years of civil engineering project management experience
- 3+ years of land development design experience
- 1+ year of experience leading junior engineers
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or similar accredited engineering degree
- Knowledge of local city, county and state land development processes and regulations
- Experience with Civil 3D, Water CAD, Storm CAD, Sewer CAD, ICPR, HEC-RAS, and Microsoft Office
- Thorough understanding of civil engineering principles, practices, and tools
- Leadership skills with the ability to coach production team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply:
Search all American Recruiters jobs at: https://jobs.americanrecruiters.com/
Meet Your Recruiter
Sandy's recruiting expertise was built upon her stellar track record in the world of Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management and has put together an impressive list of achievements that consistently propelled her career to new heights and led her to serve in key roles with world-class organizations.