Greater Miami, FL US
Quality Director, Mobile Assets
What You’ll Do
A Quality Control Director is responsible for making sure that all Mobile Assets meet design standards. Quality Control Directors are responsible for ensuring manufactured products meet set standards of quality, reliability, and performance to ensure company products/services meet customer expectations.
Their duties include supervising the overall quality program to examine vessels coming off the production line and workmanship performed by sub-contractors. The quality program consists of multiple checkpoint and inspections to ensure the quality and functionality of our client's Assets. Inspection of shipments of inventory and raw goods provided by Original Equipment Manufacturers by measuring the specifications of random items in each production run and training team members to confirm production quality. Quality Control inspector works to find defects, understand the causes of defects, and provide solutions to avoid future problems. They often help create solutions as part of a team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help build an end-to-end quality control process. Implementing methods to inspect, test and evaluate products and production equipment.
- Identify and evaluate qualified quality vendors.
- Oversee the recruiting and training of quality assurance personnel to ensure an effective work unit. Ensuring that products adhere to quality standards.
- Supervise technicians, inspectors, and other company staff to ensure they perform their duties in line with established quality procedures and SLAs.
- Ensure adherence to strict regulatory requirements to certify product quality.
- Prepare daily reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data.
- Coordinate with external partners and internal cross-functional teams to schedule all necessary quality assessments (e.g., QC1 at builder site and QC2 in the destination market).
- Work in accordance with deadlines for on-time delivery of products.
- Track products through the process to guarantee that each part of the process is correct.
- Ensure that detailed and recorded inspections are completed for all final products and verify that all delivered products (“vessels handed over”) are up to industry & company standards.
- Eliminate products that are not up to standards/fail quality inspections, and work with identified vendors to remediate/retrofit issues in a timely manner.
- Communicate issues and issue-remediation plans to necessary partners by ensuring all tickets are submitted in the proper maintenance system and validating that accurate data is being populated in our dashboards.
What We Want From You:
- EDUCATION / SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management or related field.
- 5+ years of Quality Control experience; capable of identifying and escalating issues and coordinating efforts to satisfactorily resolve all issues within the agreed upon SLAs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); Advanced Excel.
- Experience with PPM and Dashboard tools preferred (e.g., Asana, Tableau).
- Advanced computer skills, including data entry, data processing, communication tools and payroll and human resources software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Communication skills to convey information in reports, meetings, and status reports.
- Familiarity with quality standards and processes to follow federal, state, and local regulations.
- Knowledge of the product to perform accurate quality control.
- Analysis, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills to review systems, find flaws and pose solutions to those flaws.
- Strong negotiation skills with experience negotiating commercial terms and service levels agreements. The ability to interact with executives and stakeholders at all levels of organization and deliver effective presentations.
- Proven ability to succeed in highly entrepreneurial and ambiguous scenarios; as well as manage competing agendas and priorities while translating complex information across internal and external stakeholders.
- Skilled at hiring, onboarding, coaching, mentoring, and developing high-performing and highly engaged procurement/category management associates.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS PRIMARY DUTY
- Seeing: Must be able to read screen & various reports YES X
- Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate YES X
- Standing / Walking NO X
- Climbing / Kneeling / Bending NO X
- Lifting / Pulling / Pushing NO X
- Grasping / Feeling: Must be able to write, type, and use phone YES X
Reach out today by uploading your resume. Craig Wilson will be in touch!