Regional Sales Manager - Southeast - Atlanta,GA
Atlanta, GA 30301 US
Regional Account Manager - Atlanta, GA - HVAC/R Commercial OEM Refrigeration Controls
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Regional Account Manager for a Top Tier International Manufacturer of HVAC/R controls for the Commercial Refrigeration/Retail markets. The Regional Account Manager (OEM) is responsible for winning new OEM business and developing existing OEM incremental business in the commercial refrigeration space, where the brand is known to refrigeration OEMs. This is a value-based selling position, with the ideal candidate having a high degree of demonstrated professional sales process knowledge and skill in driving results. The preferred candidate will have experience selling to commercial refrigeration OEMs that supply supermarkets, convenience stores, or food-service chains and will have, or be able to develop, a strong understanding of the needs of these OEM’s customers. Experience selling electronic and software solutions as well as new and developing products to OEMs is key.
This position is responsible for the development and growth of OEM business for the organization's refrigeration solutions in North America by personally developing large and small OEM accounts within the Southeast region and by coordinating activities with national or other regional sales representatives as needed. This position has a dotted line relationship with the National Head of Sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promotes solutions’ value to refrigerated OEMs in the Southeast subsidiary region in a compelling, monetized manner
- Approaches the market with a top-down and business-focused sales strategy
- Qualifies OEM business according to stated strategic profile
- Builds and maintains a healthy new business funnel continuously. Uses specific methodology and discipline for contacting and engaging new OEM's in the region with a high response rate.
- Prepares customer meeting plans prior to meetings to ensure s/he provides value at every meeting and has a predefined target for a successful outcome
- Moves funnel-accounts and existing customer expansion initiatives through the sales process to a purchase order, using a strategic partnership engagement model. Is responsible for sales velocity.
- Provides subsidiary leadership in implementing national and regional strategy, best practices and support for OEM engagements to enhance subsidiary success
- Able to communicate with all levels within an OEM organization including C-level and director-level as well as with key stakeholders across departments such as R&D Hardware & Software, Operations, Marketing, Field Installation and Training & Support Services
- Collaborates with:
- VP of sales for North America and Head of Sales or National Sales Executive during major engagements to maintain continuity between key accounts and strategy and business objectives
- national Head of Sales and Account Executive or other Regional Sales Managers to split and coordinate strategic and tactical responsibilities as needed and properly manage overlapping initiatives
- project managers, engineers, field technicians, software developers, other technical specialists, and training to support OEM engagements. Develops or participates in project plans for cross-functional groups. Manages customer expectations, identifies engagement gaps and proposes informed continuous improvement with internal teams to organize lab or other test initiatives
- Provides leadership to all key stakeholders with the goal of ensuring a successful and trouble-free end-user experience with OEM solutions containing products, and to advance the sales engagement toward greater revenue for the OEM customer and the Organization.
- Prepares visit reports and documents all required and useful information in CRM
- Assists in analysis of present and potential markets for new or existing products or services
- Provides input for planning marketing strategies or objectives
- Provides OEM feedback to product development function and facilitates meetings between OEMs and product marketing and R&D roles when appropriate
- Is a key participant in market presence, including, but not limited to trade shows, and presents her/himself as professional and knowledgeable representative of all professional situations
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each ESSENTIAL DUTY satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- EDUCATION – 4 year university degree or equivalent experience. Preferred (but not required) degrees are – or are similar to – marketing, communications, business administration, or engineering. Basic commercial refrigeration, IoT and/or electronics education (or greater) are preferred.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS - Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skill.
- REASONING SKILLS - High degree of business aptitude. Is able to align the actions of self and surrounding internal and customer teams with strategy.
- EXPERIENCE – 3 or more years of professional sales experience selling solutions to an OEM, or into food-retail or food-service corporate environments using top-down methodology is required. Proven track record of setting and achieving goals with customers is required. Experience selling refrigeration control solutions and SaaS is preferred. Experience working inside an OEM organization is preferred.
- COMPETENCIES – PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and any CRM tool as well as demonstrated self-motivation resulting in a high degree of performance without constant supervision.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS - The candidate must be fluent in English.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS – Sufficient to calculate return on investment periods and other monetized value.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. 20% average overnight travel and some trade show attendance is necessary.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work environments include, but are not limited to, regional or national office, car, airline flights, OEM offices, labs and manufacturing facilities and home office. Potential infrequent visits to retail or food service end-user environments, including construction sites.