Senior Aerospace Engineer - Hamburg, New Jersey
Hamburg, NJ US
Senior Aerospace Engineer Hamburg, New Jersey
American Recruiters, a Forbes-ranked top 25 recruiting and executive search firm, has partnered with a leading rubber solutions company based in Hamburg, New Jersey, and is seeking a Senior Aerospace Engineer. The Aerospace Process Engineer is responsible for a team of aerospace engineers and related support personnel and is responsible for the development, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of engineered processes, tooling, and appurtenances to support the manufacture of products for clients. This responsibility includes support for existing production activities and the continuous improvement of the products and services provided, as well as the development of new or improved products and processes.
Responsibilities for the Senior Aerospace Engineer
- Design tooling, fixtures, gauges, templates, and jigs to aid in the manufacture of critical aerospace components. Provide budgetary analysis for same.
- Coordinates, prioritizes, and develops both technically and financially the various projects through the management of the aerospace engineering team, related support personnel, and at times outside vendors
- Implements and manages a design review process for all aerospace engineering tooling and related equipment, leveraging his/her personal experience, internal resources, and external resources, as necessary.
- Work, hands-on, with new tooling and techniques to refine them to the highest level of efficacy possible.
- Understands all procedures and paperwork required to comply with applicable standards and regulations related to AS9100 and government/customer-specific certifications and system controls.
- Work closely with the production managers to identify and prevent defects that may lead to decreased yield, throughput, quality, and disruptions to delivery deadlines.
- Starts up and troubleshoots all production machines, secondary, and auxiliary equipment in any given area of production, as necessary.
- Programs new job set-ups for processes and auxiliary equipment, as necessary.
- Submits first article products for quality approval along with all necessary paperwork.
- Develops and revises all documentation associated with the control of the manufacturing processes, i.e. work instructions, set-up sheets, travelers, and forms. Continually monitors and proposes revisions as necessary to ensure the suitability of process and operator control.
- Acts as a technical point of contact between the company and its various customers and suppliers/vendors for ongoing production and development efforts.
- Maintains good housekeeping and cleanliness. Follows all safety rules and wears all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Is an example and leader of Safety in his areas of responsibility.
- Keeps abreast of the evolving technologies in process equipment, inspection, infrastructure, and materials to provide the best advantage to maintaining competency that offers customers the best possible solution to their needs.
Senior Aerospace Engineer Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, Chemical, or equivalent) from an ABET-accredited institution (required).
Senior Aerospace Engineer Necessary Experience:
- Must have strong experience with rubber compounds (required).
- Experience managing a team of engineers within a design & manufacturing organization in the aerospace industry and achieving both time and cost-sensitive results.
- Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years of professional aerospace work experience in a related area with strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of material science with a focus on elastomeric polymers.
- Understands how to manage teammates using 3-D/2-D CAD programs (Solidworks preferred).
- Microsoft Office Suite or equivalent.
- Possesses a current or can obtain a government security clearance.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS for the Senior Aerospace Engineer
- Experience with machining, fabrication, and automation is a strong plus.
- Experience with Design and Product/Process Failure Mode Effect Analyses, DFMEA and PFMEA respectively, is a plus.
- Basic understanding of how their physical properties and interaction with dissimilar materials (bonding) is a plus.
If you are interested and qualified, for the Senior Aerospace Engineer opportunity then please send your resume to Anthony Martinez at email@example.com or call (850) 542-8682.
For a list of all of our American Recruiters open positions, you can visit our website at https://jobs.americanrecruiters.com/ .
Search all American Recruiters jobs on americanrecruiters.com - using this easy link.
American Recruiters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. At American Recruiters, we define equal opportunity as non-discrimination on the basis of protected characteristics. We define diversity as the various attributes we each possess based on characteristics from birth, the experience we have had, and the decisions we have made. We define inclusion as acknowledging and leveraging diversity by creating an environment where employees feel accepted and valued.
Meet Your Recruiter
Anthony, a US Marine Corps veteran, has been an entrepreneur since 2006. His career in healthcare began in 2010 and his recruiting and operational experience provide his clients with an understanding and insight that other recruiters do not possess. He exudes a culture of collaboration that delivers a true partnership with his clients. His expertise and industry knowledge brings top-tier talent to organizations both locally and on a national level.