Washington D.C., MD 20901 US
Service Manager - Washington, D.C. - Residential Plumbing
We have an excellent opportunity for a Service Manager with a rapidly growing Top Residential Plumbing organization located in The Greater Washington, D.C. Area. The Service Manager manages a team of Service Technicians in performing residential plumbing duties while delivering outstanding quality of work, great customer service experience, and expected company productivity and performance results.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage Service Technicians utilizing key metrics to drive the team to achieve company targets.
- Provide field coaching, role-playing and customer service training to Service Technicians following The Organization's Service System process.
- Provide or schedule customized technical training to Service Technicians based on technical training proficiency and needs of each individual technician on the team.
- Recruit, retain, and train professional Service Technicians through traditional recruiting, referral and networking efforts.
- Hold team accountable for their productivity performance (i.e. revenue, billable hours per work order, close rate, customer satisfaction, etc…).
- Work closely with dispatchers in offering guidance in matching service calls to the right Service Technician based on technical proficiencies and key productivity metrics.
- Monitor performance of field technicians daily in an effort to achieve daily, weekly, and monthly sales performance goals.
- Manage team schedule to ensure appropriate coverage to meet ongoing customer demand.
- Create and lead productive and high energy Service Tech meetings to cover relevant customer and training topics and develop technician teams appropriately.
- Manage the payroll process for the team utilizing the Administrative Assistant for support.
- Provide digital tablet support and assistance when needed on ServMan platform to field technicians.
- Facilitate technician turn-in process while also ensuring proper detailing of tickets.
- Partner with operations team to ensure quarterly truck inventories are scheduled and administered while ensuring technicians are proficient in both warehouse and supply house inventory procedures.
- Work with accounting team to address any accounts receivable issues.
- Coordinate with internal resources to ensure appropriate equipment rental, day labor, insurance inquiries, labor subcontracting, and other day to day operational needs are properly addressed.
- Manage any customer issues to full and timely resolution.
- Work closely with the Divisional Manager to implement business strategies.
- Conduct site visits and one on one time with technicians in the field on a weekly basis for quality assurance, training purposes, and to ensure technician engagement.