VP Sales Education
Western Suburbs of Chicago, IL US
Vice President Sales Education Market for Commercial Foodservice Equipment
We are looking for a hunter/leader who will pioneer and develop the education foodservice market for a leading commercial foodservice E&S dealer.
You will be responsible for new and existing account growth within College, University, and K-12 segments. Major focus on building relationships, placement of proprietary items, term contracts, projects, quote strategy, and sales strategy.
- Contact colleges and universities across the US, identify and build relationships with decision-makers, understand their procurement process; work to become their day-to-day foodservice supplier as well as identify equipment opportunities, and construction projects and pull through the private label products.
- Oversee/develop the CU sales department including hiring, managing, and ultimately building out the sales team for this channel.
- Respond to leads from trade shows, digital prospecting, or inbound calls.
- Identify renovation or new construction projects in the CU segment.
- Identify university purchasing contracts, develop/execute a sales strategy to win future contracts
- Negotiate project/spec pricing with manufacturers and manufacturer representatives as necessary
- Participate in developing the annual sales plan and budget
- Attend trade shows (approx. 5x per year)
- Update customer records in MS Business Central and Workbooks CRM
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Compose business letters, e-mails, and quotations free from errors
- Compute standard math problems as related to business
- Thorough understanding of customer relations, operations, marketplace, sales, and profitability
- Ability to diagnose customer problems and prescribe (multiple) appropriate effective solutions
- Conscientious, organized, results and detail-oriented Job Description Continued Competencies:
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict and taking responsibility for own actions; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; exhibits self-control; remains open to others' ideas and initiates change. Maintains professionalism in dealing with coworkers, and clients.
- Effective Communications Takes the lead in initiating contact; research others needs and concerns to make a tailored presentation; focuses on the audience to be sensitive to their response. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively and edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information effectively.
- Teamwork - Balances individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost-saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
- Organizational Support - Supports the organization's goals and values, and benefits the organization through outside activities.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths and developmental areas; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
You will be compensated well into the six figures and you desire to build a business.
Must work in the office Tuesday-Thursday: location GREATER Chicagoland.
Reach out to Craig Wilson today!
Meet Your Recruiter
Craig Wilson, CFSP (Certified Foodservice Professional) has spent a career in business startups, acquisitions, and globalizing commercial and industrial equipment and supplies businesses. His industry credits include President/CEO Rational USA, VP Corporate Development The Middleby Corporation, and NAFEM Board of Directors. Mr. Wilson has owned the commercial foodservice recruiting business of American Recruiters since 1999, and has been the number one producer and number one franchisee since 2001.