VP Trauma - Vice President Trauma Services
San Jose, CA 95116 US
Competitive Salary, Comprehensive Medical Benefits, Relocation Consideration and So Much More
Brief Overview of Director or VP of Trauma Services
- The Director or VP of Trauma Services goal is to provide facilitation and direction for a multidisciplinary trauma service with a primary focus on developing/implementing and monitoring systems to enhance the care of the trauma patient.
- The Director or VP of Trauma Services works in close collaboration with the Trauma Medical Director to promote the goals of the Trauma Program, to qualify all care issues and system issues regarding the program development, and to optimize patient care across the age and injury spectrum.
- The Director or VP of Trauma Services is responsible for Program development, both at the hospital, local and within the state/national systems is the key element to the success of this role.
- The Director or VP of Trauma performs all functions necessary to act as an agent to the Trauma Medical Director and Administration, to ensure compliance with all hospital, local, state and American College of Surgeons requirements.
- California Registered Nurse or eligible,
- BSN and Master’s Degree,
- BLS, ACLS, PALS or ENPC and TNCC Instructor (may be obtained within 1 year of hire).
Prior Trauma Program experience (minimum 3 years). 10 years of nursing experience in a critical care area that cares for trauma patients (i.e. ICU, ED); Management experience (minimum 2 years).
Knowledge and Skills Required For The Director or VP of Trauma Services
American College of Surgeons regulatory requirements; critical care skill competencies; leadership, organization, communication and time management skills; advanced computer skills; project development and implementation. Successful ACS verification at a previous facility in the role of Trauma Program Manager.
To Learn More Contact
Juli Van Der Meulen