VP of Quality
Sunrise, FL 33323 US
VP of Quality (RN)
Our client is a 500-bed acute care hospital in the heart of Silicon Valley, with two locations, recognized nationally for quality and safety, and has been voted a “Family Favorite” hospital for more than ten years. It is one of only ten hospitals nationwide to be awarded the Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer four consecutive times. Our client is a leader in neurosciences, high-risk obstetrics, advanced cardiology, and innovative surgery techniques, and is a Joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center and an accredited Chest Pain Center.
- The VP of Quality (RN) oversees all aspects of the quality assurance and performance improvement program within the organization. Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the VP of Quality ensures that performance improvement and clinical activities are coordinated, aligned to, and supporting the goals and mission of the Hospital. Provides consultation and skill development in performance improvement activities to the Medical Staff, executive, and management leadership and staff.
- The VP of Quality provides organization-wide coordination for all aspects of regulatory compliance, including licensure and accreditation.
- The VP of Quality provides direction for all functions related to Quality Management, Risk Management, Infection Control, Patient Safety, and Regulatory Compliance.
- The VP of Quality Coordinates Hospital activities related to process and outcome data collection and assessment.
- The Vice President of Quality coordinates the use of process and outcome data in performance improvement activities.
- The Vice President of Quality is responsible for the development and enforcement of policies and procedures that ensure quality patient care.
- The Vice President of Quality is responsible for ensuring adequate Human Resources are available in areas of responsibility.
- The Vice President of Quality is responsible for maintaining acceptable turnover in areas of responsibility. Ensures operations run within budgetary guidelines.
- The Vice President of Quality is responsible for positive employee engagement and appropriate communication with staff.
- The Vice President of Quality is responsible for quality and performance improvement activities in the department and multidisciplinary.
- The Vice President of Quality is responsible for positive customer satisfaction results. responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations and guidelines as set by federal, state, local, and other agencies (i.e, JCAHO, Medicare, CMS). Facilitates positive productive relationships with physicians.
MUST BE A RN
M.A - MSN - REQUIRED
Minimum Work Experience
7-9 years of progressive hospital/nursing management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. Evidence of experience which defines competency in Quality Management, Risk Management, Infection Control, and Regulatory Compliance, hospital and healthcare management. Evidence of experience in successful administration and leadership of organizational management programs.
- MUST have RECENT acute care experience
- Current CA RN license required
- CPHQ Certification - HIGHLY PREFERS upon hire, but will need within 6 months of hire
To learn more please contact
Juli Van Der Meulen