VP/Director of Trauma Services
San Jose, CA 95116 US
Do you want to live in the top 10 least stressed cities in the Country where the sun shines over 300 days a year with the average temperature of 70 degrees close to the ocean and mountains in the heart of Silicone Valley? If you answered yes to any of these you will love living, working and playing here.
Our Clients Mission: Above all else, this health system has committed the care and improvement of human life.
Overview of VP Trauma Services RN
- The VP/Director, Trauma Services goal is to provide facilitation and direction for a multidisciplinary trauma service with a primary focus on developing/implementing and monitoring systems to enhance the care of each trauma patient.
- The VP/Director, Trauma Serves(RN) as a resource for inter and intradisciplinary team members and patient families that participate in the care of trauma patients.
- The VP/Director, Trauma Services(RN) works in close collaboration with the Trauma Medical Director to promote the goals of the Trauma Program.
- The VP/Director, Trauma Services (RN) is responsible for program development, both at the hospital, local and within the state/national systems. This is the key element to the success of this role.
- This VP/Director, Trauma Services (RN) is responsible for the oversight/direction of trauma-related activities and initiates changes internally and external that will promote optimal trauma care.
- The VP/Director, Trauma Services (RN) performs all functions necessary to act as an agent to the Trauma Medical Director and Administration, to ensure compliance.
- The VP/Director Trauma Services (RN) maintains responsibility/accountability for 24-hours/day management.
- California Registered Nurse, or eligible for California State RN License
- Master’s Degree in Nursing required for VP
- BSN Required for Director and must be willing to go back for Masters Degree
- BLS, ACLS, PALS or ENPC and TNCC Instructor (may be obtained within 1 year of hire).
- Minimum: Prior Trauma Program experience (minimum 3 years).
- Must have run Trauma Program through ACS for Certification
- 10 years of nursing experience in a critical care area that cares for trauma patients (i.e. ICU, ED);
- Management experience (minimum 2 years)
Juli Van Der Meulen