Vice President of Wholesale - Florida
Central Florida, FL 32808 US
We have an Outstanding opportunity for an experienced leader who is looking to be a crucial member of the leadership team for a large heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) Distribution Company. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record developing and executing sales strategies in a branch-centric distribution model. We are looking for someone who can bring a strong wholesale background focused on driving best practices and new processes to increase sales growth opportunities and promote operational efficiencies over our branch locations. Additional responsibilities include having a keen interest in using technology and data to redefine how growth opportunities are identified and executed, customers are served, and business is conducted.
The Vice President of Wholesale is a key member of the region's senior executive team, reporting to the region President. The position's primary purpose is to provide leadership to the Region's Branch locations, Branch Managers, Branch Teams, and Wholesale Parts Area Sales Managers. This individual will partner with the President to achieve financial goals and objectives and improve performance. Responsibilities include setting goals, forecasting sales, monitoring work, and evaluating results to ensure that sales objectives and operating requirements are met and are in line with the needs and mission of the organization. Helping to manage the financial performance of this segment of our business is essential to the success of this candidate, as is managing the performance of our employees.
- Providing leadership over our branch locations to establish short and long-term strategies, goals, and actions necessary to achieve aggressive growth targets, while fostering a culture of accountability, high-performance, professional development and ethical behavior.
- Partnering with the President, VP of Residential Sales and regularly communicating with the members of the senior leadership team to ensure alignment to the overall company vision and direction.
- Motivating and developing Wholesale Parts Area Sales Managers and Branch Managers to ensure increased sales, providing mentoring, coaching and training as needed.
- Collaborating and communicating with Account Managers, Operations Managers, Wholesale Sales Managers and Branch Managers to review and resolve any operational topics and/or issues for customers.
- Working closely with our suppliers to promote products within our branches that align with our vision and our customer's needs.
- Ensure our customers have an outstanding customer experience with our branches, by establishing customer service standards, increasing technology adoption/utilization of our employees and customers, and providing all the necessary skills training to our people.
- Identifying trends, opportunities and threats to core business.
- Leading region-wide wholesale product marketing programs, product management and product promotions.
- Responsible for appearance of external branch buildings, showrooms, branch warehouses, as well as adherences to daily operational duties, the safety of our employees/customers, and the safety/appearance of delivery trucks.
- Establishing key branch operational metrics to measure performance.
- Continuously assessing the need for organizational change, championing change initiatives, and removing obstacles impeding constructive organizational change.
- Managing key customer relationships and participating in closing sales opportunities,
- Staying current on industry trends, identifies competitive threats, market conditions and executes strategic plans,
- Using entrepreneurial spirit to create energy around new ways of managing and growing the business.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business
- Minimum of 15 years prior sales, marketing and operations management experience, ideally within an HVAC/R, technical and/or distribution environment
- Thorough knowledge of the residential, wholesale and commercial market and dealer/contractor/engineer needs
- Strong leadership and people managements skills with a strong desire to motivate
- Engaging leadership style that builds and sustains credibility with internal and external stakeholders
- Strategic thinking balanced with a solid business sense
- Strong customer management skills and negotiating capabilities
- Strong business analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to effectively analyze and interpret data
- Strong work ethic with excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer software skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
Please click “Apply” and be sure to upload your resume, Paul will contact all Qualified Candidates.