Certified Surgical Technologist PT
Lake Zurich, IL US
Location: Lake Zurich, Illinois
Certified Surgical Technologist Summary:
Under the guidance of the R.N., provides patient care to assigned surgery patients (Neonate through Geriatric undergoing surgery) by maintaining a safe and aseptic environment and by demonstrating general nursing knowledge through the application of the Nursing Process.
Certified Surgical Technologist RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position adheres to and is responsible for the safety standards of the Health System including the completion of the mandatory organizational safety standards on an annual basis.
- This position actively maintains confidentiality for our patients; (neonate through geriatric undergoing surgery) and their families as outlined in the Health System Patient Confidentiality Policy and shows the same level of respect for every Associate within the Health System.
- Under the guidance of the RN, delivers patient care utilizing the nursing process. This process includes the initial and ongoing nursing assessments utilizing his/her knowledge of growth and development through the lifespan, identifying and utilizing the resources available to facilitate this process: physiological, psychosocial, safety and emotional needs, and continuously assessing the patient to identify problems/needs.
- Sets priorities (including but not limited to, instrumentation, draping,
positioningof the patient and any necessary equipment) according to patient needs and utilizes time effectively, including anticipating needs during unexpectedand varying situation, including trauma.
- Understands and respects the need for patient/family education due to cultural and religious beliefs.
abilityto problem solve and initiate appropriate action following hospital and/or unit policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates technical skills and safety in operating all equipment competently, as well as charging and maintenance of supplies and equipment.
- On-call for emergencies and available for additional duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills, which includes communication with patients, families, physicians and other health team members as well as a productive working relationship with other health team members.
- Demonstrates the ability to deliver nursing care safely and ethically for the patients, families and other health team members while maintaining the dignity and confidentiality of patients and patient information.
- Demonstrates the ability to be accountable and responsible for self-growth and development, through opportunities for professional growth, unit meetings, hospital committees and improvement activities.
- Maintains accountability for the quality of nursing care provided, as well as that, which is delegated to others.
Certified Surgical Technologist Education:
- A graduate of an Accredited School of Surgical Technologists or completion of military training in surgical training.
Certified Surgical Licensure / Certification:
- Current CST Certification – Required within one year of hire date.
Certified Surgical Technologist Experience:
- Previous experience as a Surgical Technologist – Preferred
To learn more contact Michelle Johnson 954-492-4646 OR Email email@example.com