Unit Base Educator
Burien, WA 98062 US
Our Client is A Leader in Pediatric Care – is recognized as a leading teaching, research and specialty care center at the forefront of pediatric care. Invests in their people. Our clients support for professional development is one reason Becker’s Hospital Review listed our client as one of 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare.
Granted the Beacon Award for Excellence: Our client’s Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) was granted the Beacon Award for Excellence from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses. For nurses, the Beacon award signifies a positive and supportive work environment with greater collaboration between colleagues and leaders, higher morale and lower turnover. Applicants are judged in the areas of leadership, appropriate staffing, use of evidence-based practices, outcome measurement, effective communication and a focus on learning and development of nursing staff.
Ranked Top 10 in the Country: U.S. News & World Report - Best Place to Work: Our positive work environment has been recognized by third parties, including Becker's Hospital Review in its 2014 list of 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare. offers a generous benefit's package for employees including relocation for certain positions, tuition reimbursement, daycare for your children, and an employee health and we.
Provides orientation, ongoing education, and skills training for staff and travelers. Provides real-time input on new staff’s clinical practice. Provides leadership through process improvement and supports program development, organizational mission, and goals. Applies the knowledge and skill necessary to provide appropriate interactions with staff, patients, and families of all ages.
SECTION II: QUALIFICATIONS The minimum qualifications listed below (along with education/experience) are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position.
Minimum Education and Experience: (Identify only education requirements that are legally defensible – e.g., an attorney needs a Juris Doctor)
- A graduate of accredited school of Nursing.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in related discipline.
- Experience with education, teaching, and organizing and providing new staff orientation.
- Current Washington State RN License or eligible.
- At the time of hire: Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers is required for all positions. Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) will be accepted in lieu of BLS for Healthcare Providers.
- As a condition of employment: Current BLS for Health Care Providers is to be maintained at all times by all nurses unless specifically noted below. Note: current PALS and/or PEARS will be accepted in lieu of BLS, and must be maintained as current at all times. Employees are responsible for any costs (including time away from work) associated with obtaining PALS or PEARS certification if it is not a requirement of the position. (ACLS will not be accepted as a substitute
- Nurses working in the following areas are required to successfully obtain PALS within 90 days of employment: Emergency Department, Pediatric Intensive Care (PICU), Neonatal Intensive Care (NICU), Cardiac Intensive Care (CICU), Critical Care Float Pool, Recovery Room (PACU), Operating Room (OR), Interventional Radiology
For More Information Contact
Juli Van Der Meulen
Sr. Executive Recruiter