CNC Setup - Operator - Programmer - Mills - Lathes
Elk Grove, IL US
WANTED: CNC Operator - Programmer
We represent a growth OEM metal working company in the Chicago suburbs near O'Hare Airport. Our client needs to hire a CNC Programmer to program 5-Axis CNC Equipment, Mills and Lathes.
Our client is family owned, no red tape, family atmosphere, guaranteed 40 hours per week, guaranteed 10 hours overtime. M-F - Over $70K income.
Hourly rate plus O.T.
Great company and benefits. AS0100 Certified Supplier
Hourly rate negotiable dependent on experience in metal working shop.
CNC programmer requires the use of computer numerically controlled or CNC programs to be used for automating machinists’ tools by using computer generated electronic data.
CNC programmer writes code to automate power driven machines that cut and finish metal, wood or plastic such as lathes, grinders and mills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a CNC Programmer - high precision machining
• Creates instructions for machinists.
• Reviews 3D CAD design blueprints.
• Makes calculations for programming including where materials should be cut.
• Translates instructions into a computer automated manufacturing (CAM) program.
• Communicates with engineers and clients who will use the programs.
• Checks completed programs by running simulations or tests.
• Prepares geometric layout of designs using proper software.
• Determines sequence of operations in a program.
• Chooses cutting tools that will be needed.
• Analyzes job order and performs necessary calculations.
• Writes programs and modifies existing ones for increased efficiency.
• Analyzes and selects speeds and cutting tools for programs.
• Makes improvements to set up times for a task and contouring of complex shapes.
• Evaluates all completed designs to validate their functions and ensure they successfully reduce time and money for the client.
• Monitors all programs to make sure they follow blueprint instructions and safely and successfully complete the task.
• Provides training for clients on automated systems.
• Must be able to work effectively with little or no supervision.
• Must have the ability to write and read complex spreadsheets.
• Must have the ability to read blueprints.
Education and Experience
• High School diploma.
• Associate’s degree in CNC programming, a computer-related field or a mechanical field.
• Prefer Bachelor’s degree in computer programming or computer-related field.
• Knowledge of electronics and machine tools.
• Certification through The National Institute Of Metalworking Skills.
• Certification from accredited technical school.
Applicants apply in confidence to: Ted Agins-- TAgins@ariteam.com