Engineering Manager - Electrical and Electronics
Des Moines, IA 50111 US
Growth Company needs to hire a Manager of Engineering - Electrical/Electronic Group, location Des Moines, IA
Company is growing organically and through acquisitions. You will have voice in company and manage this engineering team. They are the leader in the niche, double digit growth. Relocation assistance maybe available.
Direct the activities of the Electrical/Electronic Engineering Department and modernize current controls systems (PLCs) for ease of customer programming flexibility, site installation, and service.
- Standardize component selection and system build to greatly improve the ease of installation and field service on existing product by modifying current designs for Plug and Play installation.
- Develop cutting edge and standardized control systems across product lines.
- Oversee cross functional Kaizen projects to improve ease of service, reduce manufacturing costs, and upgrade design features.
- Work effectively under tight deadlines exercising good judgment and maintaining confidentiality.
- Streamline the Engineering documentation process to provide “Speed to Market” on new products.
- Using ‘Drill down Techniques’ to correct quality and warranty issues as defined by the repair data and feedback from the service techs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of five (5) years of Engineering management experience.
- Knowledge of PLC’s use, application and programming. Experience with Industrial PC based automation systems.
- Experience with Hardware, Firmware and Software development process.
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects in accordance with predetermined completion dates.
- Comfortable with hands-on work and leading by example. Knowledge and use of 3D Modeling, PDM and CFD design software.
- Knowledge of effective ‘New Product Introduction’ procedures.
- Experience in using MRP/ERP platforms.
- Experience in an industrial equipment manufacturing company environment.
- Experience with designing industrial electrical equipment for ease of installation and service.
Please forward your MS Word resume to email@example.com.. Do not send as PDF.