Minneapolis, MN 55441 US
Our client is growing and needs to hire a Procurement Manager - Twin Cities area - OEM - Would consider Commodity Manager or Sr Buyer for this opportunity.
Responsible for Sourcing, Procurement and Purchasing of raw materials, stainless steel, wire harnesses, digital controls, motors, condensers, coils, plastics etc. Negotiate contracts and terms, write RFP for new customers. Manage commodities. Review and generate data analytics. Write Fabrication Quotes.
The successful candidate will be able to appraise, improve and execute supply chain activities by analyzing the Business Units spending, supplying partnerships and new possibilities.
Be responsible in harmonizing the supplier purchasing approaches (VMI and Kanban) to operational structure and supplier execution to ensure production continuity.
- Manage the company’s supply portfolio managing of spending budget.
- Analyze and calculate costs of procurement . Invent negotiation strategies and secure profitable deals
- Work closely with Strategic Sourcing to maximize supply chain performance.
- Research and anticipate shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking. Estimate risks and apply risk minimizing techniques
- Create Purchase Orders for materials; monitor and track delivery dates of materials
- Work with Operations, manufacturing leads, vendors, and suppliers to drive desired Kanban quantities.
- Participate in 80/20 to reduce non-value-added effort, improve overall company performance, and help support the launch of new products.
Qualifications and Competencies (Education and Experience):
- Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration.
- Min. of 3-8 years of related experience or training, or equivalent of education and experience.
- Have understanding of market dynamics, commodity analysis and sound business judgement.
- Experience in production planning, including product launches, product end-of-life and midstream component changes required.
- Collecting, analyzing and interpreting data skills, including VLOOKUP, pivot tables and data mining.
- MAS500 experience a plus.
Relocation assistance may be available within 60 miles of location
Send MS Word resume to email@example.com for consideration, Please do not send PDF resume.