Jefferstown, KY 40299 US
Great opportunity with an industry leader looking for a Production Engineer.
This position is responsible for overseeing the successful manufacture ability of foodservice products. This includes working with FS Designers, FS Engineers, and manufacturing partners to ensure the product meets the performance and design specification, while being optimized for daily production.
- Liaise with internal and external manufacturing partners to ensure foodservice products are consistently manufactured to the defined specifications.
- Provide assistance and support to manufacturing partners’ quality control teams.
- Evaluate current manufacturing activities and develop design and/or process recommendations to increase efficiency, improve quality or reduce costs.
- Investigate problems, analyze rood causes and derive resolutions.
- Develop operating instructions, process control instructions, and test equipment specifications for production activities within the foodservice division.
- Recommend and implement cost reduction initiatives, while maintaining high quality standards of all foodservice products.
- Coordinate new product launch activities with product manager(s).
- Assist in the development and execution of trainings for manufacturing partners (internal and external) and other departments within the foodservice division.
- Stay current with product specifications, engineering technology, and established production processes in the manufacturing industry.
- Supervise the execution of foodservice engineering release procedure and distribution of specifications, first use notices, factory procedures, and other related documents.
- Provide weekly reporting for project status and other key activities.
- Work to foster team environment within all Winston departments.
TRAVEL REQUIRMENTS: Up to 10% travel (Domestic and/or International destinations).
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years of combined experience within production engineering, project engineering, and design. Must have experience working directly with manufacturers. Bachelor’s Degree. Strong skills in personnel and product management. Proficiency in product designing software (Cad, Inventor, Solidworks, etc), Microsoft programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).
LANGUAGE SKILLS: English.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to understand complex mathematical analysis and utilize skills for design and troubleshooting.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Employee must be able to move 375# equipment (on wheels) from crate or skid, and capable of lifting up to 50#. Also, the employee must be able to travel by all forms of transportation for continuous and extended durations of time, possibly exceeding 20 hours of flight time. They physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please apply to this website and upload your resume.
Michael Page will contact all qualified candidates directly.