RN VAD Coordinator
West Palm Beach, FL 33401 US
RN - VAD COORDINATOR
- Known worldwide as a vibrant, intimate town with big city sophistication, we are known as the gem of South Florida, directly on the Atlantic Ocean. The city has upscale shops, fine restaurants, nighttime entertainment and, of course, the incomparable beauty of nearly two miles of award-winning beaches.
- 500-bed acute care hospital has proudly served as both a community hospital and a Level I Trauma Center, we have the ability to offer several specialized services including cardiac care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, neurosciences, emergency care and more.
- Our hospital proudly accepted the Gold Seal of Approval™ for its ventricular assist device (VAD) destination therapy program. The certification recognizes the hospital’s dedication to compliance with The Joint Commission’s (TJC) national standards for health care quality and safety in disease-specific care.
- Our employees are passionate about providing quality, innovative care to patients in our community. Our focus is on leadership, growth and providing high-quality health care. It’s a philosophy that can enhance both your approach to health care and your career goals.
Responsibilities for the RN - VAD COORDINATOR:
- Assists in the planning, implementation, and coordination of the Advanced Cardiac Care and Transplant/Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) Program.
- Coordinates and assists with the evaluation, hospitalization, and follow-up phases of a heart transplant and VAD patients.
- Educates patients and families regarding all aspects of transplantation and VAD implantation.
- Functions as a patient advocate and point of continuity throughout all aspects of pre and post-surgical care.
- Communicates with nursing and medical staff regarding the plan of care.
- Provides staff educational offerings as needed and requested.
- Communicates with referring physicians, HMOs and insurance providers regarding the plan of care and patient progress.
- Maintains contact with the organ procurement organization (OPO) and the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) concerning data and status of transplant candidates.
- Maintains transplant and VAD related databases.
- Participates in program development to promote the interests of the transplant and VAD program and institution.
Qualifications for the RN - VAD COORDINATOR:
- Current RN Licensure
- Bachelor Degree
required,BSN and/or MSN preferred.
- Five years of experience in cardiology and/or cardiothoracic surgery.
- Registered Nurse - licensed in the State of Florida
- Certified Cardiographic Technician (CCT) or Certified Procurement Transplant Coordinator (CPTC) preferred
We are actively interviewing. Please contact Ina Phillip: