Applications Specialist/Food Retail
Atlanta, GA 30301 US
Application Specialist/Food Retail - Atlanta, GA - International HVAC/R Controls Manufacturer
We have an excellent opportunity for an Application Specialist for Food Retail; with a Top Tier International HVAC/R Equipment Manufacturer. Focus is on maximizing the application of HVAC/R controllers in an end-user environment by developing, communicating and teaching market best practices standards for HVAC/R controllers to OEMs pre-commercially. Guides OEM applications and testing and supports OEM’s pre-commercial initiatives and installations. Represents the Organization by providing strong, regional and national technical controls application leadership and supports national strategy and projects. Reports to Marketing and works in collaboration with Field Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively supports design and implementation of complete control solutions with OEMs and contractors in the retail market, that are aimed at improving cost, energy consumption, food quality, operational dependability and regulation compliance. Functions as the controls expert from the Organization who can guide good choices, support and best practices.
- Supports commercial efforts such as, but not limited to, technical training, installation, documentation, configuration and commissioning, troubleshooting and/or general guidance to OEMs and contractors involved with large, retail supermarket refrigeration systems implementation, maintenance and repair. Primarily, helps OEMs prevent in-field issues before they occur.
- Participates in overall product strategy, development, and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products, or to remediate existing problems, based on application need or market
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, field services, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities and acts as a feedback conduit to the Organization for product enhancement.
- Dependably communicates in a timely manner the status and actions needed for problem resolution and recommendations for improvements, both internally and externally.
- Advocates and takes timely action that results in positive customer outcomes.
- Is directly responsible for identifying best controller and controller-related practices from the customer-needs point of view and for developing Organizational standards that will cover roughly 80% of these known or anticipated customer needs across a market segment upon installation of a controller or control system for the food retail market. This brand strategy of preparedness is considered critical to the Organizations position in the market.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Troubleshoots software, connectivity, mechanical, electrical and controls issues – Ability to troubleshoot systems relating to large, complex retail refrigeration. Ability to troubleshoot controls related to HVAC, lighting and potentially other retail store operational functions as they relate to controls and software integration. Ability to understand and advise internally and externally regarding system performance as it relates to information collected by a local gateway/supervisor or by enterprise software. Ability to understand cloud software and services and how they relate to refrigeration systems in a retail environment.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops acceptable alternative solutions within the scope of company practices; works well in group problem solving situations
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure
- Customer Service – Provides accurate, clear, helpful and timely information, both verbally and written. Is a trusted advisor to customers and internal team members. Dependably leverages internal and external resources to improve customer outcomes. Is highly conscious of urgency and action on behalf of customers.
Education and/or Experience:
Requires two years’ experience (or the equivalent) of configuring and troubleshooting electronic and software control systems for refrigeration systems within a local and enterprise commercial refrigeration-system context. Computer and presentation literacy required, including the ability to build effective presentation decks.
The ideal candidate will also possess a basic understanding of brand positioning, the importance of market research and the context and practices of solutions application when representing a company’s brand to a customer.
Excellent technical communication skill, both written and verbal, with highly technical and non-technical audiences, internally and externally. Must be able to communicate effectively within several industry contexts (contracting, OEM, engineers, sales, marketing, key customer stakeholders) and with multiple levels of a the organization, customer and industry organization.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Any HVAC/R, or ASHRAE certifications or registrations a plus, but not required.
Please forward resume in strict confidence to Paul Rychlewski at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Paul at 312.780.7507