Assistant Director NICU
El Paso, TX US
Job Title: Assistant Director of Nursing - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Location: El Paso, Texas
Our prestigious hospital in El Paso, Texas is seeking a highly qualified and dedicated Assistant Director of Nursing to join our exceptional team in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). As the Assistant Director of Nursing, you will play a crucial role in providing leadership and support to our nursing staff while ensuring the highest level of care for our tiniest and most vulnerable patients.
- Provide leadership, direction, and supervision to the nursing staff in the NICU department.
- Collaborate with the Director of Nursing to establish and implement departmental policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, as well as accreditation standards.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the NICU, including staffing, scheduling, and resource allocation.
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, and orientation of nursing personnel.
- Conduct performance evaluations and provide mentoring and guidance to staff members.
- Foster a culture of excellence, teamwork, and continuous improvement within the NICU department.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to develop and implement evidence-based practices and quality improvement initiatives.
- Maintain effective communication and collaboration with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals.
- Stay updated with the latest developments and advancements in neonatal nursing and share knowledge with the team.
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the state of Texas.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required; Master's degree in Nursing or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical experience in a NICU setting.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to lead a team effectively.
- Strong knowledge of neonatal nursing practices, standards, and regulations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with healthcare professionals across different disciplines.
- Familiarity with quality improvement initiatives and evidence-based practice.
- Proficiency in using healthcare technology and electronic medical record (EMR) systems.
If you are a dedicated and compassionate nursing professional with a passion for neonatal care and leadership, we invite you to join our dynamic team. This is an excellent opportunity to make a significant impact on the lives of our smallest patients and their families while advancing your career in a renowned hospital setting.
Our hospital is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for further consideration.
I have so much more to share with you ..lets talk!
Meet Your Recruiter
Ina recently celebrated 20 years as an American Recruiters Independent Franchisee, having joined our team in 1999. She opened our second franchise office located in Atlanta, Georgia, in November of 1999. Initially focused on sales-related searches in the dotcom and telecom industries, Ina made the switch to healthcare in 2003 and has become a tremendous success and a trusted resource in healthcare recruiting.