Director of Engineering-Commercial Foodservice ICE
Remote, South Florida Ideal US
Director of Product Management
Our client is an industry leader in commercial foodservice equipment and consumer products. We need a rockstar for this role!
Reporting to the Vice President of Merchandising and Channel Development, the Director of Product Management is responsible for defining and driving the product vision, strategy, and roadmap in alignment with business objectives for the eight brands within the Commercial division. This position will manage the development and implementation of product strategies for each brand, including new product development, pricing intelligence and management, product lifecycle, and assortment planning. The Director of Product Management is responsible for balancing company goals with long-term industry trends as well as directing, establishing, maintaining, and planning the overall vision and strategies for the product management department. An ideal fit will be adept at working cross-functionally with demand planning, sourcing, new product development, marketing, and sales teams to ensure seamless coordination throughout the product development and management process. This position requires an individual who can balance a hands-on approach with effective leadership.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Product Strategy and Planning:
- Develop and articulate a comprehensive product assortment strategy, including new product development.
- Guide product management team in developing product line plans and strategies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define product roadmaps and ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Monitor and analyze financial performance across product categories and brands, recommending strategic shifts as necessary to meet established business objectives.
- Develop forecasts and sales plans for new product introductions in conjunction with sales and purchasing teams.
Product Lifecycle Management:
- Responsible for product delivery schedules and tasks related to all aspects of product development, coordinating with sales, marketing, development, and operations to successfully release new products on time and within budget.
- Offer insights in sourcing projects, utilizing product and industry expertise.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research, consumer insights, and soliciting channel partner feedback.
- Qualify and prioritize new product development requests to ensure proper resource allocation.
- Develop a strategy for reviewing product obsolescence and rationalization needs.
Market Research and Analysis:
- Regularly perform pricing & competitive analysis by customer channel & develop strategies to improve market position and profitability
- Develop a deep understanding of go-to-market channels to ensure product strategies are aligned by channel.
- Monitor and analyze competitive positioning as well as develop recommendations to ensure a strong competitive market position.
- Lead the team in establishing brand, category, and item pricing strategy.
- Responsible for category and item-level pricing and margins.
- Maintain list pricing, MAP pricing, and standard discount tiers.
- Partner with the sales team for customer-specific pricing requests.
Product Content and Data Management:
- Ensure all product data needs are transferred into the PIM system, meeting minimum data requirements.
- Partner with the marketing department on the development of manuals, spec sheets, and marketing collateral.
- Partner with the new product development team on all needed certifications.
- Interface with key customers, building relationships to gain insights into opportunities and needs.
- Partner with sales to ensure new product launches and brand programs are clearly communicated and properly implemented in-store and online.
- Interface with cross-functional teams to compile weekly communications for the Sales team.
Team Leadership and Development:
- Lead and inspire a high-performing product management team, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Provide mentorship and professional development opportunities for team members.
- Manage team workloads, ensuring adequate resource allocation.
- Create team and individual development plans, taking into consideration future needs and business strategies.
- 10+ years of professional experience in product management, product development, or category management within the food service equipment and supplies industry
- Demonstrated track record of successfully leading product management or development in the delivery of new products/SKUs.
- Proven experience in leading and developing strong teams.
- Strong analytical skills and proven experience in building and executing strategic growth plans.
- The flexible, collaborative, empathetic leader who doesnt mind getting hands-on when required.
- Experienced in managing multiple brands and products.
- Strong financial acumen with a proven history of success managing costs, pricing, and margin targets.
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skill
- Four-year college degree, preferably in business or a related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PowerBI)
Search all American Recruiters jobs on americanrecruiters.com - using this easy link.
Meet Your Recruiter
Craig Wilson, CFSP (Certified Foodservice Professional) has spent a career in business startups, acquisitions, and globalizing commercial and industrial equipment and supplies businesses. His industry credits include President/CEO Rational USA, VP Corporate Development The Middleby Corporation, and NAFEM Board of Directors. Mr. Wilson has owned the commercial foodservice recruiting business of American Recruiters since 1999, and has been the number one producer and number one franchisee since 2001.