Director of NICU
Palm Beach, FL US
Job Title: Director of Nursing - NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit)
Location: Palm Beaches, Florida
We are a leading healthcare organization dedicated to providing exceptional medical services to our community. Located in the beautiful Palm Beaches of Florida, our state-of-the-art facility is known for its commitment to patient care, cutting-edge technology, and a compassionate team of healthcare professionals. We are currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced Director of Nursing for our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) to join our dynamic team.
As the Director of Nursing - NICU, you will oversee the strategic planning, coordination, and delivery of nursing care services within our NICU department. You will lead a team of dedicated nurses and provide visionary leadership to ensure the highest level of patient care and operational efficiency. Your expertise in neonatal nursing, management, and organizational skills will be essential in developing and implementing policies, procedures, and initiatives that drive excellence in patient outcomes and staff performance.
- Provide strong leadership and direction to the NICU nursing staff, fostering a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Develop and implement strategic goals and objectives that align with the organization's mission and vision.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards, policies, and procedures related to NICU nursing practice.
- Collaborate with other departments and stakeholders to optimize patient care delivery and interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of nursing care within the NICU, identifying areas for improvement and implementing evidence-based practices.
- Manage staffing needs, including recruitment, retention, training, and performance management of nursing personnel.
- Foster professional development and growth opportunities for staff through mentorship, education, and ongoing training.
- Collaborate with the executive team to develop and manage the NICU department budget, ensuring efficient resource allocation.
- Participate in committees, councils, and task forces to contribute to the overall strategic initiatives of the organization.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required; Master's degree in Nursing or related field preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of Florida, or eligibility for licensure.
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience in neonatal nursing, with 2 years of progressive leadership responsibilities.
- Proven track record of successful leadership and management experience in a NICU setting.
- Strong knowledge of current evidence-based practices, standards, and guidelines in neonatal nursing care.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships with physicians, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of budgeting, financial management, and resource allocation.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plans, paid time off, and professional development opportunities.
If you are a dynamic leader with a passion for neonatal nursing and a desire to make a difference in the lives of our youngest patients and their families, we would love to hear from you. Join our dedicated team in the beautiful Palm Beaches, Florida, and be a part of our commitment to providing exceptional healthcare.
I have so much more to share with you ..lets talk now!
Ina Phillip is the #jobsquadexpert. Apply now and reach out to Ina @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 770-433-2220.
Search All American Recruiters jobs at: https://jobs.americanrecruiters.com/
Meet Your Recruiter
Ina recently celebrated 20 years as an American Recruiters Independent Franchisee, having joined our team in 1999. She opened our second franchise office located in Atlanta, Georgia, in November of 1999. Initially focused on sales-related searches in the dotcom and telecom industries, Ina made the switch to healthcare in 2003 and has become a tremendous success and a trusted resource in healthcare recruiting.