Manager, Field Service - Commercial Foodservice Equipment Manufacturer
Cleveland, OH US
We have an excellent opportunity for a Manager of Field Service with a Top Tier NAFEM Manufacturer. The Manager, Field Service is responsible for ensuring the operational excellence of the technical service team by developing, implementing, and overseeing technical service programs. The Manager will provide commercial customers worldwide with the highest industry level of satisfaction on all Commercial products.
- Manages the inbound technical service team ensuring they are properly trained on trouble shooting Commercial equipment, use of Global Warranty, Oracle, and any other system used by the department.
- Respond to major customer issues on the telephone, fax, on-line networks and by email.
- Manage the department work instructions for accuracy and consistent use.
- Analyze trends from customer calls, emails, tech orders in Oracle, and GW claims on a monthly basis. Elevate critical quality issues to Product Management and sales.
- Recommend and draft service bulletins as needed; creating a repository for reference.
- Develops and manages a national service network ensuring the highest quality and timely response to our customers. Audit existing network to make certain we have the correct partners and expand network in underserved markets.
- Administers technical service programs for both general market and key global customers as defined by VP of Sales.
- Develops, organizes and conducts extensive training programs on all Vitamix equipment for service technicians and distributors worldwide and with key accounts.
- Consults with product management, engineers and manufacturing about reliability and serviceability of products on the market. Provides input in the design and development of new products.
- Reviews all service/operating manuals, and work with Marketing, Product Management and Engineering to correct and update existing manuals. Assist in developing manuals for new products.
- Manage the accuracy of all exploded parts diagram for new and existing products.
- Attend meetings and trade shows as requested.
Experience: 5 years related experience, experience with commercial foodservice products preferred
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field required, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Ability to read wiring schematics, understand motors, controllers and electrical wiring diagrams.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Proficient in and/or Experience using Oracle software
- Adapting to Change
- Customer Thinking and Focus
- Drive for Results
- Driving Innovation
- Creating Accountability
- Developing Others
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Previous experience working with and/or overseeing a service field network and/or internal technical services teams
- Possesses and displays excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey information in a clear, focused and concise manner
- Experience creating and implementing training programs
- Proficiency in writing technical service manuals
- Strong leadership skills to broadly influence and effectively forge partnerships both internally and externally.
- High level of corporate professionalism, maturity and political savvy
- Ability to shift priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coordinate, and manage complex projects
Please click Apply and be sure to upload your resume, Paul will contact all Qualified Candidates with full Details.
Meet Your Recruiter
Craig Wilson, CFSP (Certified Foodservice Professional) has spent a career in business startups, acquisitions, and globalizing commercial and industrial equipment and supplies businesses. His industry credits include President/CEO Rational USA, VP Corporate Development The Middleby Corporation, and NAFEM Board of Directors. Mr. Wilson has owned the commercial foodservice recruiting business of American Recruiters since 1999, and has been the number one producer and number one franchisee since 2001.