Orange County, CA US
Our client is ROCK SOLID, PRIVATE, and STABLE. It is the leader in its product category. We are searching for a special individual who will be the worldwide product and/or product line expert in a product category with our client. You will provide total support for your product category and all development globally. You will manage the product life cycle process from start to finish, including product development, modification, improvement, and discontinuation. Responsible for developing and managing the global strategy and budget for assigned product categories and market segments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work collaboratively with Global Sales and New Product Development teams to identify specific market needs, product solutions, and sales opportunities for new products and/or existing product improvements, enhancements, and line extensions.
- Conduct detailed market research and sales analysis to identify specific market demands, customer needs, and product feature requirements to help present new product ideas for New Product Development review/approval and/or make improvements for re-launching existing products.
- Develop Sales Plan/Product Positioning Document and related positioning strategies to support new product sales launches, product improvements, campaigns, and trade shows. Provide critical content requirements and work closely with Sales and Marketing to identify and finalize required sales support materials, marketing messaging, and required resources.
- Specific New Product Development responsibilities include leading cross-functional team meetings; developing product codes/descriptions/colors; working with cost accounting through the costing process for all global currencies; assisting Engineering spec and design cartons specific to the product; supporting after-manufacturing enhancements such as personalization and/or signage; replacement part management and global sales forecasts.
- Work closely with Global Sales and New Product Development/Engineering to create new product idea sheets and update them with changes through the NPD process, including performance characteristics, sales forecast, quality assurance criteria, and target market price. Studies competitors products and pricing to ensure competitive pricing and features on new products.
- Analyze new and existing product business to ensure sales opportunities and market share is maximized and sales goals are being achieved. Monitor brand performance, brand competitiveness, and product trends to develop and adapt strategies within the market.
- Support product sales at all levels outside sales, in-house, and customers in the field. Attend trade shows and travel to visit customers. Provide critical details and requirements to help develop product training material and tools. Provide ongoing support and training to customers, end users, and cross-functional departments.
- Proactively seek product improvements that benefit customers and/or our clients. Manage changes and/or improvements with cross-functional teams through the Engineering Change Process.
- Ability to work proactively and collaboratively with members of other departments and on cross-functional teams. }
- Maintains reliable and consistent attendance, including being punctual and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.
- Executes each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform the job successfully.
- Follows all safety procedures required in the work area, wears PPE as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, is able to work well with others, is open to receiving and giving feedback, and treats everyone with respect.
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and communicates status of work/projects.
- Follows all department quality standards/criteria. Raises concerns and issues to the immediate manager.
- Understands and demonstrates Cambro company culture; displays company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and Service).
- Understands departments key performance indicators and contributes to achieving these goals both individually and as a team.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Possess a full understanding of all our client's products, including proper usage and application.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible, and open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bachelors degree and 8+ years of related experience required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required, skilled in technical writing.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills; must be able to take ownership of a project and manage through obstacles.
- Strong presentation skills to large and small groups; enthusiastic, passionate, and persuasive.
- Ability to handle heavy workloads and changing priorities; solve practical problems and effectively deal with a variety of variables.
- Strong analytical skills, gross margin, and ROI calculations
- Ability to develop, manage and adhere to a budget.
- Must possess the ability to accept and give constructive feedback.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Power BI) and prior CRM experience required.
- Overnight travel required
- Bi-lingual highly desirable
Meet Your Recruiter
Craig Wilson, CFSP (Certified Foodservice Professional) has spent a career in business startups, acquisitions, and globalizing commercial and industrial equipment and supplies businesses. His industry credits include President/CEO Rational USA, VP Corporate Development The Middleby Corporation, and NAFEM Board of Directors. Mr. Wilson has owned the commercial foodservice recruiting business of American Recruiters since 1999, and has been the number one producer and number one franchisee since 2001.