Director of HIM
Tampa, FL US
Director of HIM Summary
- Directs the overall operations of the Health Information Management department, which includes: Ensuring the integrity of all patient records, scanning/chart reconciliations, the release of information, physician dictation, and physician compliance with facility bylaws. In accordance with regulatory bodies.
The HIMD must provide systems for acquiring, analyzing, storing, and retrieving information so that it can be readily available when needed.
The HIMD ensures the appropriate dissemination and communication of all regulation, policy, and guideline changes to affected personnel.
Under the general direction of the CFO and as a member of the Revenue Cycle team, the HIMD will be expected to participate and assist in driving facility goals such as quality metrics, meaningful use, case mix index analysis, DNFB, and DNFC targets.
Dir of HIM Education
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or AHIMA RHIT/RHIA Required
- Master’s Degree and/or RHIT/RHIA
- AHIMA RHIT/RHIA Required
- RHIT or RHIA with one or more of the following: CCS, CCDS, CHDA Preferred
Dir of HIM Requirements
- 5+ years with a minimum of 3+ years of management experience in an acute care setting.
- 5+ years with EHR creating, implementation, and management experience.
- Strong relationship, analytical, and computer skills.
- Job Hospital Administration
TO LEARN MORE CONTACT MICHELLE JOHNSON 954-492-4646 OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org