Director of Engineering
Greater MIAMI, FL US
Our client specializes in premium custom designed stainless steel fabrication -- a leader and innovator in the metal manufacturing industry specializing in: stainless steel food service equipment; stainless steel wine towers; architectural stainless; animated stainless steel; stainless steel doors; side lights; door frames; stainless steel entrance systems; fire resistant and fire-rated doors and water wall systems.
Live in beautiful South Florida.
We are seeking a design pro with the following qualifications:
* Confer with sales representatives and engineers to facilitate the design and fabrication of projects that meet customer specifications and manufacturability.
* Oversee the production of customer and fabrication deliverables; including design and manufacturing drawings, flat pattern layouts and material lists.
* Coordinate department work schedules to meet customer demands and company production schedules.
* Assure project designs meet NSF, UL, ADA, local codes and other regulatory specifications as required.
* Formulate product design improvements to maximize profitability.
* Team with production department to resolve issues that arises during fabrication.
* Performs other related duties as requested or assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical and / or Industrial Engineering
Experience in lieu of Degree: 10 + years progressive work and / or military service
Expert in sheet metal fabrication
Background in custom food service equipment preferred
Ability to read and interpret construction and manufacturing drawings
CREO design software including Smart Assembly & AutoCAD
Electrical and refrigeration knowledge helpful
12-14 reports--leadership is key.
Qualified candidates apply with total confidentiality through this website to Craig Wilson